3.4

3.4

"What the actual—" I place my hand over Brooklyn's mouth and pull her around the nearby corner. She shakes her mouth free of my hand but does nothing to move out of my hold. "I'm going to kill him!" She growls angrily and I can't help but laugh. "But first i'm going to rip out her obvious extensions." This time she does try to march out of our hiding spot but my hold on her stops her.

"You're not going to do anything of the sorts."

"Are you fucking nuts?! Your oh-so-perfect boyfriend is openly swapping spit with cheerwhore and you're not going to let me punch him in the dick." She manages to spin around, smacking me in the face with her hair.

"No, i'm going to let him enjoy her mouth." I let her go and she stares at me like I am nuts. "You like Doctor Fishermen right?" I arch my brow and she nods her head.

"What does that have to do with—"

"Just..trust me." I give her a smile and it takes her a minute to realize what I'm hinting at.

"Finally someone has talked some sense into you!"

• — • — •

Austin had lied to me and it is written on his face that he is regretting ever doing such a thing.

"I'm really sorry Char, I should've told you." Guilt spreads through his features and I wave away his words.

"Yeah you should've!" Cassidy growls as I open my mouth, smacking her boyfriend across the chest. "How long has he been cheating on her?"

"Not long.." Austin bites down on his lips, a sure sign he'slying again, and takes Cassidy's hand—keeping it against his chest.

"It doesn't matter." I shrug my shoulders. "I can't really get mad at him for cheating." I shovel some macaroni into my mouth and avoid Austin's curious gaze.

"Of course it matters!!" Cassidy slaps her free hand down against the table. "You're not going to let the bastard get away with it are you?" At her question I shake my head and she sighs in relief. "Thank goodness."

"However," I hover my hand in front of my mouth as  I lift my gaze back up to them. "you can't tell him that I know he's been cheating. I'll take care of it." My eyes narrow at Austin who's the only person that will tell Calvin that I know of his affair.

"Of course not. He deserves whatever you're going to dish to him." His lips stretch into a honest smile and I return the gesture from behind my hand. "All I ask is that you make him cry."

At this I laugh. "I don't think I can promise you that, but i'll try."

Austin nods his head, a gesture meaning he understands.

• — • — •

I stare at the blank document in front of me, any and all words escaping me. The small bar blinking, waiting for me to type something—anything. The only words the line had the pleasure of expelling was the header in the top right corner that I had managed to set as Brown 1, the one being pre-typed.

'For your midterm I want you all to right one chapter of a story that takes a twist on another well known story.' Mrs. Palmer's voice rings through my head. 'By the end of class I want to know what story you are going to begin to recreate.'

I would've been better off taking a pre-made test that included different terms and styles of writing that we've learned this semester. It would've made things on me a lot easier and I wouldn't have put it off for so long.