3.3

3.3

The words of Jasmines text message don't really sink in until my headache starts to subside. A part of me feels as if I had dreamed the text message but when I go back to check, the capitalized letters were still there along with her cut down version what happened.

• After he dropped you off he came back. Drank a little and left.
Next thing I know i'm getting a call saying that he was found with his car capsized, ready to burst in flames.
He has a broken Fibula, an oblique fracture in his ulna(whatever that means) and many cuts from the glass on his face. And internal bleeding.
He needs stitches. In
surgery now, they say he'll live but i'm still worried. •

My heart sinks further and further as I read over Jasmines text. Each time something new catches my eye.

Stitches.

Oblique fracture.

Internal bleeding.

Capsized.

Flames.

Hospital.

My head begins to spin as all the words bounce around my skull, making me dizzy. I close my eyes and try to force them to stop moving and stay still. I can't keep up.

My chest inflates with a ragged breath and deflates the same way.

He's in the hospital, in surgery. He's broken and bruised, he almost died.

How had this happened?

Why was he in the drivers seat after drinking so much?

What was he doing that caused his car to flip over?

My mind drifts off to the time when he basically kidnapped me. Slowly the pain that had tore through my chest is engulfed by a hot flame.

Was he playing that stupid chicken game?

Had he been dumb enough to think that he could possibly save himself despite knowing alcohol delays your reaction time?

Is this what he's been doing?

Trying to get himself killed?

A soft knock comes to my door. Slowly I open my eyes to see that Blair is peeking her head through the crack of my door.

"Hi," She breathes softly, her lips forming a faint smile.

"Hi." I sigh, motioning the okay for her to come in further. Her smile becomes a bit more firm as she shuffles into my room but quickly falls as she settles onto my bed.

Reaching forward she brushes her fingers through my hair, her touch comforting. "I was watching the news this morning.." I have to blink away the rapidly forming tears to keep them from falling down my cheeks. "I take it Taylor's the one who had the accident last night." She repeats the motion, soft fingers tickling my scalp.

I nod my head, wiping away the rebel tears with my fingers.

"If you want, I can call the market and tell them that you're going to need a day off." Her brown eyes flicker about my face and I shake my head.

"I want to go." I have no intentions of staying at home, nor am I going to the hospital. It isn't my place to go see him.