0.2

0.2

He didn't say anything. Which I found odd because he stared at me as if I was the one who had intruded on his lunch. He stared at me as if he was waiting for me to say something.

In my mind the only reasonable thing to do was to stare at him back, waiting for him to say something. The longer he stared at me the longer I stared at him. I soon became enthralled by the way he tugged at the dark metal ring, sitting snugly, against the corner of his lower lip with his teeth. His eyes danced brightly with something wild and dangerous, kicking my adrenal glands into high gear(adrenal glands are what fill you with adrenaline in case you didn't know). As the seconds continued to slowly tick by, I had desperately wanted him to stop staring at me, or at the very least say something. While I had full intentions to tell him to go eff himself every word I learned in the English language twisted together and felt foreign to me.

The more we sat there just staring at each other the harder it became to breathe let alone speak. My surroundings had started to fade into darkness and the only other thing that I could see was him. His eyes the only light source, possibly beckoning me towards him. The only noise my ears picked up was the blood rushing passed my eardrums.

Upon feeling the pain that shot through my shin colors and shapes slowly blurred back into view. It took a few blinks for me to properly see the old broken jukebox behind him. With a smile his ring slips from beneath his teeth's hold.

"Well don't just sit there and stare." He shifted in the booth, leaning back and running his fingers through the short strands of hair on his head. My eyes catch the shiny ball sitting against the pink flesh of his tongue, as it catches on the florescent lights above, as he ran it along his bottom lip.

This caught me off guard because wasn't he the one who plopped in front of me and started the staring contest between the two of us? But that wasn't why he caught me off guard, he caught me off guard because  his voice was so husky as if he had downed a bottle of whiskey before rudely joining me, yet it was ironically soft like a small piece of velvet. It was also cold like ice, void of any emotion. The tone of his voice caught me off guard because it was nothing like earlier in the day, which had a little bit of humor in it.

"Excuse me?" I tried to laugh to show that I was not taken aback by his statement, but as I'm being told now my blatant thirty seconds of staring wide eyed was a dead give away. An amused smirk had touched his lips slowly.

"If you're going to stare at me princess, then at least have the common courtesy to say something." His eyes had flickered down towards the table. Not saying another word he reached forward and plucked one of the cucumber slices from where I had placed them in a neat pile on a napkin.

I watched as he shoves the circular shape into his mouth before he slowly pulled it out, sucking on it. When he noticed me watching him he quirked a brow, the pierced one to be exact.

"Well?" He rasped, biting into the cucumber and ruining the ring. He shifted to prop his leg in the seat of the booth, so his back was facing the exit of the booth. He rested against his jean covered thigh, prepared to feed himself the fruit from around his knee.

"Well what?" I stared at him some more, but this time with clear confusion drawn over my lovely face. He takes yet another bite before speaking to me.

"Tell me something exotic about yourself princess." He addressed me while examining his handiwork on the cucumber slice.

"Exotic?" I arched my brow. This guy couldn't have been serious. What did he think I was some go go dancer from foreign planet? Did I have tattooed in big letters on my forehead 'I'm Interesting'?