XV: A lost memory and beef ravioli

Začať od začiatku

            “His virus just cultured too fast.” I muffled my laugh as I heard Blake groaned again on his bed.

            “Or maybe you transferred your virus to him!”

            “And how could’ve I done that?”

            “You could’ve sneezed at him then he breathed it in. That’s disgusting, by the way…Or you gave the virus through mouth-to-mouth! Amber, you sly vixen!”

            “No, I didn’t give it through mouth-to-mouth!”

            “How would you know?” She challenged. “Didn’t you say that you couldn’t remember anything from the last two days when you were sick?”

            “And you are implying what now?”

            “All I’m saying is that a lot of things could have happened while you were bed ridden and producing your snot. You might’ve kissed him when he was taking care of you! I’m so proud of you, Am. Your second kiss in a month! Didn’t know you had that in you! You’re already reaching my level!”

            “And what level are you exactly at?”

            “You don’t want to know.”

            “I’m sure I don’t, Maddie. But I swear I didn’t kiss him!” I whispered furiously. It would be absolutely embarrassing if Blake were to hear what we were talking about.

            “I’ll keep these ideas, thank you very much. Oh, I’ll go to school now, Am. I’ll just hang out with Izza today. Enjoy being the nanny of day! Kiss him while you can!”

            “Maddie, I will not kiss—“

            Beep, beep, beep, beep. And she hung up.

            I looked at Blake, who was now lying on his back. “Now, what am I gonna do with you?”

            “Amber…”

            “Blake, how do you feel?” I asked as I leaned closer to his face. He looked so adorable that I wanted to squeeze him!

            Kiss him.

            NO. Please, subconscious. Not now.

            So, maybe kiss him later?

            No! What I meant was don’t talk to me now!

            But he’s so cute! Who wouldn’t want to kiss him?

            I don’t.

            That’s because you’re not letting your instinct tell you what to do!

            Instinct?! What am I, an animal?

            Well…

            Just shut up for now.

            Fine. Bye.

            “Why did you do that?” The question came from the man who was obviously ill. His eyelids drooped so lowly that you couldn’t identify the color of his eyes anymore.

            “What did I do, Blake?”

            “Why did you do that last Wednesday?”