chapter 27

"Babe, wake up." I kiss Luke all over his face.

"Now who's using pet names?" Luke grabs my hips and flips me on my my back.

I stare up at his blue eyes.

"Hey." I run my fingers through his hair and then grip the ends a little.

"Good morning, princess." He kisses my forehead.

"How are you?" I ask.

"Perfect." He kissed my cheek again.

"I'm glad." I grin.

"We've got class today." He sighs and gets up.

"I'm gonna go get ready, but I'll see you for breakfast." I quickly kiss him before making my getaway.

"Where were you?" My mother asks.

"Fell asleep watching a movie with Luke, sorry." I lied.

"You're getting too close to him. He's not of the same value of us." she sighs.

"Neither were you when you met dad, and he saw past it didn't he?" I rolled my eyes.

"Danielle! You were never this disrespectful until that boy showed up!" She gasps.

"Mom, I like him, I have a crush, whatever, nothing is going to happen until he leaves. I respect your rules, but seriously you can't talk down about him like that. He might not have had all the opportunities that we have been privileged to know, or the etiquette you'd appreciate, but he's a good guy. You can't tell me who to like. It doesn't work that way." I explode.

"I'm calling the shrink, you're having a breakdown." She takes her phone and dials speed dial.

"Because I like someone who doesn't come from money?" I snort.

"Maybe you need the therapy." I push past her to my closet.

I get dressed and put my hair into a ponytail.

"Danielle, how do we even know this is gonna last? If you want to run around, and toy around with lesser value and lose some worth, go ahead. You're not gonna end up with him." She shrugged.

"So you're giving me permission to be with him?" I ask.

"It's not gonna last, but have some fun." she smirk evilly.

"I shall." I glare.

I get ready for the day and shuffle downstairs to see everyone for breakfast.

"Morning." I hug Luke.

"Your mum is like right there..." he whispers.

"I'll explain later." I grin.

"Luke, you mother had called earlier, asked you to call her later, sometime after school, her time." My mother informs.

"Oh yes ma'am, I will be sure to do that today." Luke smiles politely.

"Why can't you call her now?" Chris asks.

"Well it's about midnight there... she's a teacher, so have to wait until she's done with class." He explains.

"And what does your father do exactly?" My mother asks.

"He gets involved with an assortment of things." Luke shrugged.

"How unsteady." my mother mumbles.

"Everyone ready for school?" I ask.

"Yeah,babe." Luke's eyes bulged as he realized he said that in front of my mom.

"Come on. I wanna get to homeroom early." I smirk.

We get in my car and Luke immediately panics.

"Fuck, she's gonna catch on we're too obvious." He runs a hand through his hair.

"She doesn't think you're good enough for me..." I grip the wheel.

"I'm not... but, Danielle, I-" I interrupt him.

"She said we wouldn't last and to have fun... so we can happen..." I bit my lip.

"I don't know wether to be happy or not..." He sighed.

I drove us to school and we didn't say a word to each other.

We went through our day like that too.