chapter 19

"Babe, wake up." I shake her.

"Luke, it's Saturday." Dani cuddles more into me.

"Your mom is taking us shopping for homecoming." I pull the covers off of her.

"I still have to tell her you asked me..." She ran a hand over her face.

"Go tell her. Now." I tug on her arm.

"Why can't you? Just say that I'm the only girl you know and that you're comfortable going with me." she shrugs.

"Your mom scares me, come with me." I beg.

"Fine." she gets out of bed.

She's in the elevator before I knew it, we were in front of her mother.

"Mrs.Tori... I uh... I wanted to ask you if it would be appropriate for me to take Danielle to homecoming? I don't know any other girls... and I don't really want to go alone." I ask nervously.

"That's fine, Luke. Just treat my little girl like a lady and be a good date to her." She smiles at me.

"Yes ma'am." I grin.

"On a different note... what did you make for breakfast?" Dani asked.

She's so cute. Her hairs a mess pulled into a bun. She's got a big white t-shirt on with grey striped shorts. She looks gorgeous.

"Danielle, remember you have a date to homecoming this year, so you need to stay slim for his liking." Mrs. Tori says as she hands Dani a plate with half a grapefruit.

"I'd like for you to be happy, that's all." I nudge her.

"Bacon please." She smirks at her mother.

"Danielle Elizabeth Kemp." She raises her eyebrow.

"You are going to diet for your dress, and that's final." Mrs.Tori took the bacon and threw it in the trash before leaving.

"I don't see why she wants you to diet... you're thin and pretty enough the way you are." I pout.

"My mom wants me to be the ideal woman to men. In her head, if I'm up to all these high standards of hers, I won't have a problem in life like she did. She wants me to meet a guy who will take care of me for the rest of my life, and that's why she does all this bullshit to me." She eats part of her grapefruit.

"I'm gonna go get ready for dress shopping." she walked to the elevator.