chapter 7

"How was school?" Michael asked.

"It always sucks, I'm gonna be honest." I sigh.

"Why do you always wear hats?" I notice.

"Your mum will freak if she sees my natural hair." he laughs.

"Well hats aren't in school policy." I warn him.

"Dammit." he whines.

"Dani,how was school?" Luke asks.

"I know you're gonna gloat so I might as well tell you know... that test you helped me study for, I got a B!" I grin.

"That's not good enough, we're working for an A next time." he rolls his eyes playfully and high fives me.

"Luke, Danielle, physical contact? Gasp, your mother might see." my dad rolled his eyes.

"Daddy!" I hug him.

"How's my little girl?" he ruffles my hair.

"She made her first ever B in Macklin's class! Luke helped me study." I took his briefcase and began to walk with him to his study.

As soon as we got to the door I laid on his desk dramatically.

"I like him, I think. I can't, and I always follow the rules... I'm sad." I sigh heavily.

"Darlin' he's going to be gone by the end of the semester." daddy reminds me.

"I know, but he's so cool and calm and cute." I whine.

"You'll find a nice young man that isn't living in my house someday, I promise." he pats my head.