chapter 1

"Mom, I don't even want one exchange student!" My brother argued again.

"You don't get a choice, four boys are coming, and they are your guests. We will host them in this house with class and kindness. I don't want another word out of you about this Christopher Daniel." My mom parented nicely.

"I don't get why you had to offer for more than one to stay with us ?" Chris whined.

"We are very fortunate for such a lifestyle, you kids get everything you want in life and never have to do anything for it. I don't mind giving five more children the same thing, maybe I'll finally get some appreciation for it." Mom sighed.

"Why does Dani only get one exchange student ?" He points out.

"Your sister agreed to have one." She smirked.

"I hate my life." Chris groaned.

"Now that that's put to rest, the children will be coming next week, and I need to have this talk with both of you. I am hosting these children to give them an experience of a lifetime, to study abroad, and I am in no way hosting them to give you an opportunity to make passes at them. Christopher, you're a minute older, making you the oldest, you make sure those boys understand your sister is off limits to them and you look out for her. Danielle, you are not to crush on these boys. Also, Danielle, your exchange student isn't to fall for your brother, not that she would... so Christopher, don't get any ideas. Please, make sure they are aware of these rules. Also I don't want those boys getting involved with your sisters student." Mother concluded.

"Can we discuss how you targeted this conversation more to me, than her?" Chris started bickering again.

"I'm home."

"Dad!" I run across the house to the garage door and hug him.

"Hey my darlin." he kissed the top of my head.

"How was work?" I grab his briefcase and walk with him to his home office.

"Good, and how was school?" he asked.

"I haven't failed." I shrug.

"Thats my girl." he chuckled.

"What's your mother and Christopher fussing about now?" he whispers to me.

"Exchange students. She lectured us on how we aren't allowed to crush on them." I sighed.

"I agree with her. I don't want my little princess getting hurt when she falls for a boy that has to move away." he pouts.

"I haven't even seen what these boys look like, dad. They could be hideous." I joke.

"I think the conversation was mostly directed towards Christopher." he laughs.

"Definitely."