Chapter 23: 'Seal the Deal'?

The Star Goddess
'Let the War Begin'
NaLu Fanfiction
By: JeRein_14

~°°♛°°~

Chapter 23: 'Seal the Deal'?

Lucy's POV

  At 9:30 am, i started to venture the long and glamorous halls of the Palace. After breakfast, i went back to my room to freshen up. Taking a short shower and changing into outside clothes, i wore an off-shoulder grey blouse, black fitted ripped jeans and cute doll shoes. I also fixed my hair into a side braid. Once i glanced at the full sized mirror, i knew i looked different. Somehow, i felt girly and cute. Was that the result of wanting to impress someone?

  I left my room and immediately walked around the halls to reach the Palace Garden. Everyone was scheduled to leave in half an hour. I wanted to be there to see them off and wish them a good luck. I'm sure, training onwards would be even harder.

  As i rounded the corner, i felt a hand gripped my wrist. Before i could even scream, my captor placed a hand over my mouth and gently (which was surprising) pulled me towards a Janitor Closet. He closed the door using his right feet and pinned me on the opposite wall. The closet was small and crowded with cleaning utensils. I'm surprised we managed to fit inside.

  "Mmmmm!!" I tried to fight my captor but he easily overpowered me. Panic started to arose on my system as i attempted to formulate a plan to escape.

  "Shhh.. it's me.." He said. Relief flashed through my eyes as all panic and negative thoughts flushed out my body. Curse this guy! Once he removed his hand, i smacked him on his head.

  "Idiot! Don't scare me like that!" I hissed, glaring at the guy in front of me. Since it was dark, i didn't have a good view of his face. All i heard was a grumble before the lights were turned on. As my eyes adjusted to the light, i realized the position we were in. As i said, the closet was small. He had me pinned on the wall opposite of the door. Since the space was limited, he was so close to me. Too close even. Our faces were merely inches apart. Gah! My cheeks burned red at the extremely close proximity.

  "Sorry, Luce. I just wanted to say goodbye before everyone else does." He had on a sheepish smile which immediately melted my anger away.

  "You didn't really need to push me inside a closet to do so." I mumbled, looking away from him. A squeak of surprise escaped my lips when a pair of strong warm arms enveloped me into a hug. A shiver climbed up my spine when i felt his hot breath fan the side of my neck.

  "I'll miss you, Lucy." He whispered into my ear. I wrapped my own arms around his torso and leaned more to his warmth, sighing in content.

  "I'll miss you too, Natsu." I whispered, burying my head in his chest to hide the rising blush. We stayed like that for a few minutes. In each other's arms. In silence and contentment.

  "Hey, Luce?"

  "Hmm?"

  "Can i court you?" I gasped once his words processed on my mind.

Can I court you?

Court you?

Me?

  I wiggled out of our embrace and looked at him. He was staring at me, somewhat looking hopeful and most definitely sincere. He lifted his hand and rested it on my cheek, gazing at me genuinely and with affection.

  "W-What?" I managed to stutter out. I was speechless. Never would have i expected something like this. Natsu? The well known densest and idiotic guy in the guild? Is he really asking if he could court me? ME?!

  "I wanted to make us official. To be able to hold and kiss you. To have the right to claim you as mine. In order to do so, i'm willing to court you and prove my sincerity and good intentions." My mouth parted slightly at that. Was this it? The proper confession?

  "Natsu.."

  "I love you, Lucy. Heck, i'm completely head over heels inlove with you. I don't care if you'll make me wait for 5 years or more. I don't care if you force me to carry your shopping bags, buy you books, treat you on expensive restaurants, or make me cook, do your laundry, clean your house-"

  "Yes"

  "-which you shouldn't since i'll probably leave your apartment in shabbles—wait.. w-what?" I giggled at his baffled reaction. He was so keen on proving that he'll do whatever i ask him to do to realize that i answered his question. Chuckling, i tiptoed, resting my hands on his shoulders for some support, and gave him a quick peck on the lips.

  "Yes, Natsu. You can court me." It was his turn to be speechless and shocked. Absent mindedly, he touched his lips and stared at me with widened eyes.

  "W-What? D-did you just? Y-You? I m-mean, you said y-yes?" Laughing wholeheartedly, i nodded. He's dumbstruck expression slowly shifted to one of pure joy and happiness. Laughing, he gave me a tight bear hug.

  "Thank y-you, Lucy.. I swear. You won't regret it! I'll serve you like a princess!" Rolling my eyes, i punched him on his arm.

  "Idiot! You don't need to. Just treat me like you always do." Releasing me, he looked at me with confusion. He tilted his head slightly and cocked an eyebrow at me.

  "I thought girls like gentlemans and princes?" Fighting back the urge to burst out laughing at his cute confused expression, i flicked him on his forehead and shook my head.

  "No, dummy. Not all girls are like that. I want you to be you. I want Natsu as Natsu. I'll accept you the way you are as long as you do the same. Accept me as me. Deal?" I gave him a heartfelt smile. He returned it with his own trademark grin. I held out my hand as if to settle our deal but i was surprised when he suddenly grab me by the back of my head and connected our lips. It was an innocent type of kiss. Nothing more than just a peck. Despite that, i felt a spark..

  After what seems like 5 seconds, he let me go. He leaned back and sent me a shy smile. His cheek dusted with pink.

  "Sorry, Luce. I have a different way of 'sealing the deal'.."

~°°♛°°~

I'm baaaaaccckkk!!

Witwit! I hope you liked this chapter!

Please follow me,

Read,

Comment or PM,

And vote!

Love lots,
☆JeRein_14