Chapter 14: A Day Off?

The Star Goddess 2
'Let The War Begin'
[NaLu Fanfiction]
By: JeRein_14

~°°♛°°~

Chapter 14: A Day Off?

Lucy's POV

"N-Natsu?" I stared at my partner in disbelief. What is he doing here?

"Hey, Luce!" Grinning mischievously, he ran towards us. Once he was directly infront of us, he gave me a sheepish smile before placing both his hands behind his head.

"Celestia! What's the meaning of this?!" Glaring at her, i simply gestured to the pink haired dragonslayer with us as if questioning his presence.

"Isn't it obvious? Natsu's here to accompany you of course!" The Celestial Dragon seemed unfazed by my dark aura. If anything, she looks delighted and proud at what she planned and done. Sheesh. Is she playing matchmaker?

"No, Lucy. I'm not playing matchmaker." She said as if reading my mind. I gave her a questioning look before gesturing her to continue. That, she did.

" All i wanted is for you to have at least a day off and have fun. And how are you gonna enjoy if your alone and on your own? That's why i asked Natsu to join you! Also to prevent you from coming back to the castle." My eyes twitched at her display of excitement and thrill.

"I understand that you meant no harm. But why drag Natsu into this? I don't want to be a bother. And does Igneel even know? Wh-"

"Lucy.." i momentarily stopped rambling when Natsu cut me off. He sighed and shook his head in what i can tell is disappointment. He walked up to me and placed an arm around my shoulder, bringing me closer to him. Unexpectedly, he leveled his head to mine and look directly straight to my eyes. I felt my cheeks flushed realizing the extreme closeness between us. Mavis! The tips of our nose are almost brushing eachother!

"N-Natsu?! W-What do you t-think your d-"

"Shut up and listen carefully, alright?" Once again, he cut me off. I even flinched at the seriousness and coldness of his tone and voice. Did i make him mad? Searching his onxy eyes for any sign of anger or annoyance, i nearly let out a sigh of relief when i found none. Instead, his orbs was laced with pain and hurt. Did i offended him in some way?

"O-Ok.." i waited for him to lean back, to at least put a small distance between us, but he didn't show any sign of retreating or that his withdrawing. Instead, he held firm on his place. The proximity between us were still too damn close for my taste. A slight push and i'll bid my first kiss a farewell.

"You're not a bother to anyone, especially not to me.. You're not and will never be. Remember that." His speech was short but it was enough to touch my heart. His words were simple yet meaningful. Gosh, this guy can be sweet and dense in the same time. Absent mindedly, i wrapped my arms around his torso to hug him. He immediately returned the gesture. Wrapping his arms around my waist, he hugged me back, equally as tight.

"Thanks, Natsu. I needed that more than you think." He always knew how to cheer me up. He always knew how to comfort me. That's probably why i fell inlove with him. He's the only one who can lift my spirits in times like this. He's the only one who knows what i need and what i what. He understands me more than anyone else.

"Enough with the public display of affection." Blushing, i awkwardly moved out of the hug and hesitantly faced Celestia. Like i dreaded, she has this knowing and teasing look in her eyes. Great! She'll probably tell Serena and i'll never gonna hear the end of this!

"Sorry." I mumbled.

"It's alright, dear. Now, since you melted in Natsu's arms, that means you'll allow me to do this?" I felt a vein popped as she said those words. She really thought about this! She knew Natsu's my weakness! She knew i won't be able to resist him! And did she just said 'melted in his arms'? Seriously?!

"Only if Igneel and Natsu agreed. I don't want their training to be interrupted because of me." Looking away, i can't afford for them to see my blushing face anymore.

"That's already taken care of. I contacted Igneel even before i brought you here. I already borrowed Natsu from him for a day and he agreed. Don't worry about it." I frowned at her. So, this is really planned from the start. I can't even find loopholes or anyway to escape.

"Are you sure this is ok? Do you really want to take over for a day? I mean, it's a lot of work and i don't want you to stress yourself because of it."

"Lucy, for Mavis' sake! Just agree! I've done queen duty before, alongside your mother. So, i already have experience in this field. " i'm still hesitant, though. I don't want to burden her even though i really wanted to spend the day with Natsu.

"But-"

"Hey, Luce! I heard from Igneel that there's this really pretty waterfall located in this island. I really want to see it! Let's go have a look!" Natsu once again, interrupted me. He grab hold of my shoulders and gave me his adorable puppy eyes, which was really hard to resist by the way.

"Eh?" I knew this was a trap. If i fall for his antics, then it automatically means i agree and allowed Celestia to work. But if you look at it, i shouldn't make such a big fuss about it, right? I mean it's just for a day. And it's already past 10! Maybe i should just let it go. It would be fun, spending a whole day with Natsu. Wait.. it's just the two of us. Does this count as a date? My cheeks instantly burned due to the thought. Ggaaahhh! Shut up, Lucy!

"Please? Luuushii!!" the dragonslayer whined much like a 5-year-old would. He extended his hand for me to take. Should i or should i not take it?

"Fine." I mumbled before accepting his outstretched hand. He grinned widely before gripping my hand tightly. He ran towards the forest, with me right behind. I don't know where we're going or if he knows the right way. As of now, i careless if we get lost. I trust him, so it doesn't really matter. As long as i'm with Natsu, i'm going to be fine. We're partners, after all..

~°°♛°°~

Wwaaahhhh!

Well, this certainly is a NaLu Chapter!!

Please follow me,

Read,

Comment or PM,

And vote!

Love lots,
☆JeRein_14