Chapter 9: Dinner

The Star Goddess 2
'Let the War Begin'
NaLu Fanfiction
By: JeRein_14

~°°♛°°~

Chapter 9: Dinner

Lucy's POV

Day one of intense training is finally over. Everyone didn't waste any of their limited time as they poured every ounce of their power even though it's just the first day. They gave everything that they got. They showed off their talents and magic to their partner, amazing one another. That's how our first day all went.

As planned, i called them all for dinner. For the sake of catching up and taking a break from the day long training. They deserved it. After working so hard today, they deserve a glamorous and grand meal.

"Glad to know that you all made it!" I yelled to them enthusiastically. We were all gathered at the royal dining hall, preparing to eat dinner.

"It's not like we can say 'no', your highness. You'll probably send the royal dragons to hunt as down." Serena mockedas she rolled her eyes in the process. It's true, though. I'll most probably have my trusted guards to look for them. That's how stubborn and spoiled i'am..

"That's true. Well, this would be the last dinner i'll organize, don't worry. Since majority of you will be spending the next days on your respected domain, along with your human partner. I won't bother you while training, that's a promise. So, let's make this a fun night, shall we?" Thankfully, i received multiple positive feedbacks from those sentences. Letting out a sigh of relief, i smiled at my first and second family. They look like they're going along well, teasing and laughing with eachother. I can tell that they are already at ease with the other species.

"Princess, the food has arrived." Pastry, the head chef, called out as she entered the dining hall, followed by multiple food carts. Fairy Tail Mages watched in pure amazement as the utensils and foods placed themselves on the table before us. That surely is something you don't see everyday. Well, perks of a Health Dragon..

"Thank you, Pastry. You, along with the other palace dragons should join us." I offered though i already know her answer. Palace Dragons are the ones who was assigned to work here in the Palace of thr Stars. They are the most trusted and reliable set of dragons you could come across the Realm.

"Oh, no. That won't do, Hime. Besides, the other palace dragons are already preparing our own dinner at the palace gardens as we speak." They are highly trained, briefed and educated in their fields. I constantly remind them to just call me Lucy or just drop the honorifics. But they were dead set on their duties. They would never allow themselves to level with me. They highly look up to me, like a servant should to their master. That, alone, saddens me. I really wanted to befriend them, be treated normally and not like real royalty. But they're to afraid to bend from their traditions to do so. It felt like deja vu, actually. Like how Spetto-san and the others treated me at first way back. It wasn't hard to convince them, though. But this time is different.

"Alright. Just don't hesitate to call me if you want something."

"Don't be silly, Princess. It's me who should say that. Please, don't hesitate to call or look for me if you need something. I, along with the other palace dragons, will just be at the garden if you need us." I smiled sadly as i watch her walk away. It makes me wonder. Why are they so distant from me? Why don't they warm up to me? Did i did something wrong? Do they not like me? Or am not fun to be with?

"Why the long face, Luce? I thought you wanted to have fun tonight?" Frowning, i shifted my attention to Natsu who was sitting just beside me. He was already stuffing his face with food, though he' s giving me side glances to clarify that he is willing to start a conversation.

"Nothing." Sighing, i started to eat my own food.

"Liar." Shocked, i looked once again at him. This time, his full attention was directed to me. He's even looking at me dead straight in the eyes. Thankfully, the rest of our friends have their own business to deal with. No teasing nor sideline comments to interrupt us now.

"Eh? How can you say that? I'm not -"

"Your nose wrinkled while your brows furrowed slightly, an expression you only do when your troubled or confused." Seriously.. When did this guy became observant?

"I did not-"

"You just narrowed your eyes, a sign that your indenial."

"W-What? How-"

"Your mouth slightly hunged open for a second while your eyes widened, that means your currently shocked."

"Urgh! Stop making things up-"

"You just pouted, puffing your cheeks with air. Meaning, your irritated or annoyed. An expession i really find cute, by the way."

"Eh? S-Shut-"

"Your blushing and flustered. You also looked away. That only means that your embarrassed. " This guy is going to be the death of me!! Would it hurt to make me finish a sentence?! And how come he knows my the reason behind my facial expressions?!

"STOP MAKING FUN OF ME, IDIOT!!" I immediately shut my mouth once i realized what i said. Gggaahhh! Why do i have to be so loud?! Curse my stupidity and big mouth!!

"Ehem.. It looks like these two are having a Lovers Quarrel behind our backs." My face heated up once hearing Celestia's words. I wanted to protest but decided against it. I know i can't win against them. Their to many and their just two of u—scratch that. All of them vs. Me. Apparently, Natsu wasn't a bit bothered as he continued on eating.

"She llllllliiiiiiik—" before Happy can even finish his sentence, a fork came flying to his direction, barely missing his head. The whole table went silent as i cleared me throat.

"Finish that sentence and i'll kill you." I threatened. To my pleasure, the cat obligued and sulked while eating his fish. This caused everyone to laugh.

I can't help but smile and laugh along.

"That's better. You look better with a smile, anyways." That was Natsu's words as he leaned down to whisper on my ear. I felt my cheeks heat up as the pyro chuckled at my flustered face.

~°°♛°°~

Hey!!

I was supposedly gonna update this yesterday but the wattpad app on our tablet kept crashing and force closing. I tried uninstalling then re-installing but it still happens. So, i was forced to use my phone.. Sucks to be me.

Other news, we will have a Moving Up Ball this coming March 30!! Yey! I'm really excited! I already have a dress. I'm still debating on what shoes to wear. Either a pair with one inch heels or sneakers.. As you guessed, i'm not the girly type.

Enough of that! Now, i'll update Stellar Mischief later! Hope you look forward to it! Love yah all!

Please follow me,

Read,

Comment or PM,

And vote!

Love lots,
☆JeRein_14