Chapter 21: Unexpected

The Star Goddess 2
'Let The War Begin'
NaLu Fanfiction
By: JeRein_14

~°°♛°°~

Chapter 21: Unexpected

Lucy's POV

  "I'm sorry. The truth is, i really did want to kiss you earlier."

  I felt my breath hitched hearing his words, momentarily frozen. What? I was having a hard time processing what he said. It's not that i didn't heard, it was clear as day actually, but because i didn't expect him to be downright blunt and honest. All this time, i taught he was dense as a rock. Yet, here he is now, confessing that he did considered kissing me earlier.

  "W-What?" I stared at him, dumbfounded. Still, his words continuously echoed through my ears, causing my cheeks to flare up. He must have noticed my lack of words, he blushed deeply and tried to cover up his mistake.

  "Eh? I.. ahhhh.. I m-mean.. uhhh.. you s-see.. ummm.. i was.. truth i-is.. it's j-just.. urgh, sh*t!" I giggled at his troubled features. He looks really cute; looking lost, confused, troubled and mostly embarrassed. This surely is a side of him that he doesn't normally show. By that, i feel really honored and proud. I know it's rude but can you blame me? Natsu's hot headed, destructive and impulsive. This side makes him more normal..

  "You do?" I asked, remembering our main topic. I was almost lost in my thoughts of him when he started acting shy.

  "Well, y-yeah.." he trailed off, clearly not wanting to continue. He's obviously being careful with his words. He didn't want to cross the line nor lie. I'm not even surprised if he only said that because he was caught in the moment.

  "Since when?" I'm the one who's forcing us to walk on thin ice. I knew that. But i didn't want to waste the opportunity that was practically laid infront of us. I've been inlove with him for too long now. It's getting harder to pretend and hide it.

  "I d-don't know. For a w-while now, i think?" He looked away, scratching the back of his neck in embarrassment. I almost laughed when he tugged his scarf upwards to cover up his reddened cheeks. God, he looks cute.

  "Oh? And why didn't you?" I feel a smile making it's way on my lips. I feel bad that i'm actually enjoying this when clearly, he's suffering from embarrassment. But can you blame me? The guy i love who never looked my way suddenly declaired that he did in fact, want to kiss me. I feel hope building up in my chest.. Maybe.. Just maybe he feels the same way.

  "Do i really h-have to?" He whined, obviously not comfortable with the topic.

  "But i wanna know!" I whined back, clinging to his arm to emphasize my point. He didn't seemed to mind the sudden touch but he was still refusing to look at me.

  "Y-You're enjoying this, aren't you?" He muttered, it was soft but it still reached my ears. I smiled even wider at that.

  "Kinda. Don't try changing the subject now, Mister! I'm still interested to know. If you wanted to kiss me, why didn't you make a move?" I stared at him, my head tilted slightly. He still refused to look at me. Though, i saw how he glanced at me at the corner of his eyes.

  "I was scared."

  "Scared?" My arm clinging to his slowly loosened as i looked at him in confusion. Why would he? Did he think i'll Lucy Kick him all the way to Edolas? Did he think i'll tell him off to Erza and Mira?

  "I was scared of being r-rejected." His tilted his head to look straight at me. I gazed at his onxy eyes that seems to have pecks of emerald and jade. It was captivating, inviting and welcoming.

  "What?" I dumbly asked. He shook his head and sighed, leaning down to place his forehead on mine, not breaking eye contact. I was taken aback by his action, instinctively moving back. But his hand suddenly slipped down to my waist, holding me in place. I didn't struggle nor made any attempt to move away after that. I wanted to savour this moment. To be close to him..

  "I said i'm afraid of r-rejecti-"

  "I heard you the first time, dummy. I meant was, why?"

  "I don't know what i would do if you rejected me. Either you'll avoid me or pretend that nothing happened. I can't bear that. It would both h-hurt like hell. I'm no good with words, Luce. You know that. I'm also not an expert with this things. I d-don't know what love is. How it feels like, what to do about it and those kind of crap. But i do know is that i l-like you, Lucy. A lot.." he never once diverted his eyes from mine. He spoke those words directly to me. My face probably was as red as a tomato but he didn't commented on that. He was serious. Freaking serious.

  "N-Natsu.." by now, tears were starting to build on the corner of my eyes. He was somehow awakened from his trance as i watched his eyes widened. He leaned back and stumbled on forming his next words.

  "Oh, f*ck! L-Luce, i'm sorry! Crap! Not about the confession! Sorry f-for being too fast! Wait.. am i being too f-fast? Sh*t! I'm m-messing up, am I?" Letting out a half hearted laugh, i shook my head. He really is cute..

  "N-No.. You're doing fine." Giggling, i allowed the tears to flow carelessly down my cheeks. Witnessing this, he started to panic even more.

  "Really? T-Then why are you crying?!"

  "I'm just h-happy.." laughing, i wiped the warm and salty liqued. Hearing my words, he started to calm down. His concerned expression slowly softened. Using his thumb, he wiped off the remaining tears.

  "Weirdo. Who cries when they're happy?" He gave me his trademark grin.

  "Idiot. Ever heard of happy tears?" Lightly punching his chest, i let out a laugh. He soon joined me when he recovered from feigning the pain.

  "Why are you happy? I poured my feelings for you and yet, you're making fun of it? Tch. If you're going to reject me, do it fas-" i didn't let him finished. I grabbed a handful of his scarf and pulled him down towards me. I immediately kissed him. Saying he was shock was an understatement. Even when i pulled away right after, he was still staring wide eyed at me.

  "I like you too, Idiot."

~°°♛°°~

  GOMEN!!

I was supposed to update yesterday but i fell asleep early! Really sorry for the delayed update, minna! School is stressing me out! I really miss summer vacation!! >____<

Please follow me,

Read,

Comment or PM,

And vote!

Love lots,
☆JeRein_14