27. damned convenience store.

Aoi's POV

I pulled my hair up in a bun and leaned against the kitchen counter as I stared at one of the class photos I used to own when I was younger. I then grabbed an apple not far away from me and bit it absent-mindedly, examining the class photo.

Well, the class photo wasn't a formal one but instead it was inside the classroom itself where all thirty of us students squeezed ourselves together for a cute class picture.

Why do I still have this photo?

A chortle escaped my lips when I saw myself with the straight fringe lying across my forehead and an adorable peace sign formed by my fingers. I'm actually glad that I found this photo lying at the back of my closet. It could be the only evidence that I could show against people who have always thought that I had undergone cosmetic surgery. God knows what they think. I'm a natural-ass beauty.

My expression faltered upon seeing the list of things that are rules of summer; isn't it ironic how there's something like 'no heartbreaks' written in there because Jimin actually hit me like a truck yesterday.

It wasn't up to the point that I might actually cry, but a tingling sense inside me tells me that the reason Jimin hates me because of something I did before, not because of my personality and shit because for all I know, he had already looked past that.

I scanned my eyes through the picture a little bit more and then something caught my eye. Or someone, rather. The curls that appeared at the tips of her hair and the bow that was laid on top of her head seemed similar.

What the fuck?

Without any hesitation I scurried up the stairs to my room and grabbed a box that has been lying under my bed for more than years or so. After pulling it out I swept off the dust particles that laid on top of it and opened the lid. I then saw a couple of textbooks from my childhood and a yearbook from 2003.

I grabbed the yearbook and flipped through its pages quickly until I found the individual photos of the students from my class. I immediately spotted my picture, and underneath it was written 'Park Aoi'. I'm pretty sure when I got adopted, they changed my surname to my Korean father's.

But that wasn't the only thing I spotted.

The two people right next to me were Parks too, and I couldn't believe my eyes. They were the twins for God's sakes, Jimin and Jaehyun.

They looked exactly alike when they were younger, not identifiable at all. The only thing that helped me realize that it was Jimin was the scar that appeared under his left eye and his smile didn't look sincere at all.

My heartbeat's pace started to quicken; I looked at the other pictures on the page and saw Lee Miyun there too. It was the same girl from the flashback that appeared in my mind before.

We couldn't have all met when we were younger, right?

And the flashback..

Was the Jimin I remembered the same Jimin I met now?

And am I the reason behind that scar?

~

I pulled up my sunglasses on the top of my head as I entered the convenient store and raced with my own self to gather all the food I need. I think I'm starving to death so don't judge.

Today is one of those days when I don't care how much I spend, as long as I get it. I grabbed thousands of instant ramen, bread, lollipops, triangle kimbap and drinks from the shelves and for some reason I think I almost cleared them out.