Senior Year, Best Years of Our Lives

A/N : I'm sorry for any errors that appear, it's unedited .
------
"Hey, Your Royal Gayness," I stared down at my feet and jumped a bit when I felt my locker door slam shut by force, avoiding my daily dose of torture.

"Hello, I'm talking to you fag!" Jeffrey shoved me back into the lockers. I know I shouldn't let my anger get the better of me, so I willed myself into going to the cabin and forced a smile.

"Fucking faggot, can't even pay attention." Jeffrey scoffed as his buddies joined in on the joke and they strode down the hall, high-fiving each other.

"That fucking prick," Lilly wrapped her arm around my shoulder hauling me to homeroom. "One day he's going to get his ass handed to him and he'll have the short end of the stick."

"Oh, please. I couldn't stoop to that level." I smiled. Since my unannounced, and forced, coming out, it created a huge wall between almost everyone and me. Virtually I had just Lilly and her boyfriend Dante, but there were a few people that were neutral towards me like the soccer team.

"I don't understand why he has to single you out though," Dante interjected after we sat down for homeroom. "There are a shit ton of other people out of the closet and he doesn't treat them any differently."

"Thanks Dante, you know how to make me feel super special," I laid my head on my arms on the desk while Dante shrugged and hurried to finish his history homework.

"He does have a point," Lilly slid her homework to Dante who shook his head, "maybe Jeffrey is mad that you didn't include him in the list of cute guys we made."

"Unlikely, I doubt something like that would make him petty, but no matter, I could care less. It's only high school and the chances of seeing him after high school are slim. Just 2 more weeks and we are done!" I smiled contended with the future.

"Well, I don't think he turned UCLA down yet. From what I've heard, he still has that as his top choice."

"Please don't ruin my moment Lilly," I groaned. I am receiving a soccer scholarship to UCLA, and as it turns out so is Dante. Lilly decided that she would want to start with community college since we aren't that far from the campus, and to have more free time to work at the Kidz Club which helps troubled kids. Surprisingly that's where we all met. I was forced into volunteering there with Dante at the beginning of 9th grade, and we met Lilly who was supposed to go there daily for the next 2 years instead of going to juvie. Now, she goes to volunteer too and likes to think that she is one of the few that have been helped by this program. In Lilly's defence, she was given a terrible deck of cards in life, but with the help of the Kidz Club and her mother- former foster mom- she has really made an effort of changing.

"You're too nice man," Dante gave Lilly her homework and put his in his binder, "the only reason no one does anything to him for you is because you refuse to get pay back with violence. One day he will push you so hard you're going to have to fight back and he is just waiting for that to happen."

"Well that isn't happening anytime soon so I don't need to worry about it or him," I replied, hoping to bring an end to this lecture. But Dante does have a point; I will want to fight back one day. Despite violence being against my moral code.

Mr. Harstad started to take attendance and we let the conversation go for the time being, thankfully. The morning went by uneventful and I wouldn't see Lilly or Dante until lunch.

-----
"Dude!" Gerry, the captain of the soccer team waved us over when he saw us walking out to the lunch patio.

"Hey Ger," Dante patted his shoulder and Lilly gave him and his sister, Micah, a hug.