“I’m Reese, and I’m in the band.” I tell her, making sure to keep my annoyed tone obvious.

“It’s a boy band.” She tells me as if she’s saying the grass is green.

The boys glance nervously from me to her and I let out a snort.

“Not anymore.” I say under my breath.

She scowls at me and turns to Justin in confusion.  I scowl back at her and hold up my middle finger after her face is turned away. Alex snickers while Sean shakes his head smiling. Kris and Austin exchange smiles. My lips turn upward, satisfaction growing in my chest.

Justin shrugs, “She’s the new member. We were going to introduce her tomorrow at the gig.” He says nonchalantly.

Her head whips over to me and I give her a sweet smile while waving my fingers at her in fake politeness. She scoffs at me. My face suddenly turns sour again.

“You could’ve done better.” She smirks.

I feel the heat rush to my face and my fists clench together. If she doesn’t shut her trap I’ll give her five reasons to keep it shut.

“You clearly have never heard her sing.” Austin pipes up, giving me a warm smile. I smile back at him gratefully. He nods.

Jessica shrugs, “I’m sure her voice is lovely, I’m just worried about her face soiling your posters.” She comments lightly. I pounce forward ready to strangle her but Alex and Austin grab my arms pulling me back. Justin steps in front of her and throws me a dirty look.

I mutter, “She started it!” but he just glares.

I stop struggling and Alex and Austin let go of me slowly. My face is still red with anger as I shove past them and throw my board on the ground outside the front doors.

The others follow and throw their boards down as well. As they take off I watch Jessica step onto Justin’s skateboard and Justin wrap his arms around her waist, pushing his lips onto her neck. My gag reflex is acting up as I watch and I turn my head violently, pushing off on my own.  Anger boils in my veins.

I follow behind the Alex, Sean, Kris, and Austin carefully since I’m still getting the hang of this. I sway but slam my foot down and stop for a second whenever I think I’m going to fall. It was much easier with helping hands.

We finally get to Justin’s house and I hop off my board, picking it up and carrying it with me as I head up the driveway. We wait for Justin to open the garage door. Everyone is avoiding eye contact with him and Jessica. I notice Austin muttering something to Kris who nods in reply, his eyes lighting up with a smile. Alex has pulled out his drumsticks and is drumming a rhythm onto the garage door in impatience. While Sean stands beside me mirroring my crossed arms.

“She’s kind of rude.” Sean whispers to me. I turn my head upward to look at him. He’s wearing thickly framed glasses today and his dark hair is mused around his face. His eyes narrow when he looks down at me.

“Agreed.” I say quietly. I watch his eyes shift over to Austin and Kris who are laughing about something and I see a ghost of a smile appear. His face suddenly comes close to mine, “It’s not just me right?” he asks, nodding over to the pair of giggling boys.

I follow his eyes and watch Austin jump onto Kris’s back and Kris run across the driveway. Austin reaches over Kris’s shoulder and whacks the back of Justin’s head while he and Jessica make their way slowly to the garage door.

I look back at Sean and raise an eyebrow, “What?”

“They’re really close friends.” He mutters, putting extra emphasis on ‘really’. I have a feeling he’s implying something.