He chuckles.

“Guess they aren’t a boy band anymore.” He laughs, “You always were a hot-head and he totally used that to his advantage.”

“Ugh! Whatever.” I groan and slump against the fridge again.

“You must not hate him that much if you gave in.” A.J. comments after a few moments of silence.

I snort and cross my arms.

“It’s complicated.” I groan and bang my head against the fridge while letting a deep sigh escape my throat.

“Yeah, okay.” A.J. rolls his eyes.

“Dude, I hit him in the balls today. I’m pretty sure that means I don’t want to have his babies.” I laugh, bringing my head back up, grinning proudly.

A.J. looks at me in disbelief for a moment before he starts laughing so hard his face turns red and he’s banging his hand on the counter top.

“You did not!”

“I sure did.” I grin and A.J. almost falls off the stool in a giggle fit.

When he finally recovers he looks at me thoughtfully.

“I didn’t even know you could sing.” He says.

“Here’s news for you, neither did I.”

~*~

I wake up late the next morning and panic when I see that it’s ten. Then, I realize it’s Saturday and it’s okay that I’ve slept in. I sit up and stretch. My arms extend up over my head and I point my toes. It feels so good to stretch, especially after you’ve gotten a good twelve hours of sleep after a long week.

I walk across the hall with bare feet to the bathroom and switch the light on. I immediately run the water to let it warm up and then turn to look in the mirror. I let out a horrified yelp but then calm slightly when I realize it’s my own reflection even though it looks like I could play a part in Night of the Living Dead.

My shirt is twisted awkwardly around my body and my hair is standing on end with static. I’ve got a red mark on my face from the way I was sleeping on my arm. I look down and see that one leg of my sweatpants is rolled up my leg while the other is hanging normally.  Dang. I must’ve slept good.

I shrug, knowing my shower will take care of this mess, and undress quickly and jump into a burning hot shower. Surprise! I accidently turned the water too warm. Why was I cursed with clumsiness? I dance around the sizzling water until I’ve reached the shower knob and turn it back until a desirable water temperature pours from the shower head. Much better.

After my shower I’m deciding on what to wear when I remember that yesterday I agreed to come to band practice this morning. That just instantly ruined my morning. I hastily throw on some capris and a fitting t-shirt before running to the bathroom and quickly brushing through my hair. I skip down the stairs and shove a granola bar in my mouth while throwing shoes on. I run around the house collecting stuff and writing my parents a note. Then, I run out the front door and jump on the scooter. I’ve barely secured the helmet on my head when I turn out of the driveway and head over to Justin’s.

The roads are pretty much empty because of the weekend so I’m able to get over to Justin’s without being too late. I hit the kickstand and pull off my helmet, throwing my hair upside down to rid my damp head of helmet hair, before running up the driveway to a group of waiting pretty boys. I’m breathing heavily when I enter the garage.

Justin clears his throat and raises an eyebrow.

“You’re late.”

“You’re lucky I even showed up.” I pant while bending over to catch my breath.