Chapter 5: Brides in a Nutshell

Start from the beginning

"Nothing," he grinned through his teeth. "And besides, who gave you the liberty to interrogate Yours Truly? I am the king of all vampires and I will not be talked to with such mortification!"

"Fine, I apologize...but you brought some other woman to our home without consulting with me first." Yui explained. "I'm supposed to be okay with that?"

Hana giggled with a snort, "your home? Don't you mean our home?"

Yui was taken aback, "Ayato-kun what is she talking about,"

Ayato huffed, "That's what I've wanted to tell you. Hana and I got married recently. You are looking at the new member to the Sakamaki family and my second wife. You two will be around each other for a long time so get used to it." He bluntly replied.

"Don't forget about the little one that on his way soon," Hanna said rubbing her belly proudly.

Yui was devastated. Her eyes widen in horror and her legs went limp about to give out. She didn't recognize the painful scream coming from her throat.

"Yui wake up! It's only a dream," came a voice. The person continued to shake Yui into her eyes snapped open. Standing over Yui was her best friend Kyoyo with her hair out of place. "It's okay now, I'm here." Kyoyo said rubbing Yui back as she sat up.

Yui sobbed out loud, burying her head in Kyoyo chest. She was covered in sweat and her body was shaking with frustration, "It was horrible Kyoyo." She sniffed, wiping away her tears.

"What do you mean Yui? What was," Kyoyo asked with concern.

"The dream I had it-it was horrible." She repeated.

"What happen? No! Wait... let me guess, lover boy tried to take over the world killing everybody including you in it?" Kyoyo guessed.

Yui shook her head irritated by her words. "No, that didn't happen. Yes the dream was about me and him but it was a nightmare."

Kyoyo snapped her fingers, "It was worth the guess. So tell me all about it." Kyoyo said shifting next to her newborn blonde vampire friend.

Yui started to tell Kyoyo about how she and Ayato were married and it was their 1st wedding anniversary. Of course she told her how the dinner ended up being a disaster and Ayato married some other girl who was having his child and how she was moving in with them.

Kyoyo didn't look surprised one bit. She could picture Ayato doing something like that to Yui, than again she might be misjudging him. On the way back from school yesterday, Ayato couldn't stop staring at Yui in the limo. He had that look his eyes that every guy gets when they have regrets. She guessed the redhead does have a guilty conscience after all.

"And I finally started to scream, " Yui finished.

"Geez Yui, what are you planning to do about him?" Kyoyo asked.

"I guess it's time for me to move on," she admitted while gripping the bed sheets hard. "I really don't want to because I don't think I could ever come to love someone else like I love Ayato. This just hurts so much."

Kyoyo blinked blankly at Yui, "Whoa, this dream must've really freaked you out. Huh?"

"Not just that," Yui paused with a tear running down her cheek. "Ayato doesn't think of me as a girlfriend or a mate. I'm just his food supply. That's all he ever wanted from me out of this relationship."

"Wait, did he say this to you?" Kyoyo asked anxiously.

"Kind of...he told someone else I was his food supply while I was present at the time."