Chapter 5

Maka

"What do you mean, we're the only ones in Death City? That's not possible. People don't just disappear, Soul." He ran a hand through his hair. "Then how do you explain no one answering their phones. Have you even tried contacting Lord Death?" I shook my head. "I haven't been around a mirror lately to give a try." He stood up, grabbing my hand. He dragged me to the bathroom, pointing to the mirror he spoke softly. "Call him." I sighed. What was this going to prove? "42-42-564 whenever you want to knock on Death's door." The mirror rippled, flickering our reflection before going back to normal, Lord Death's image never making an appearance. "See?" I rolled my eyes. "That doesn't mean anything. Maybe be couldn't answer." Soul laughed humorously. "Have you ever known Lord Death not to answer a call from you." I frowned, not wanting to believe anything Soul was saying. We couldn't be left alone. The world couldn't run like that and the feeling scared me. "We might be alone."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys, long time no see. I'm sorry for the short chapter, but I have been so busy and I just need time to get back into writing again. I hope this will hold you off until I can write something longer for you. Thank you so much for waiting. Please send your feedback and I'll see you in the next update. Bye!