Chapter 4

Soul

I began pacing back and forth. All the numbers I have called left the same message, except Maka's. I didn't know what was going on and it scared me. This was too strange even for Death City. The door rattled open and I jumped. I was too focused on thinking that I didn't even notice the sound of keys hitting the lock. I looked up at the door, hoping for Black*Star and some shitty prank. I was slightly disappointed to see Maka standing at the door. I was glad that she was back but that didn't clear up what was going on. She slipped her shoes off and closed the door. "Have you talked to Tsubaki or Star today?" Maka asked, walking into the living room. She looked slightly concerned. I wondered if she knew what was going on. I shook my head. "I thought you just meet up with Tsubaki." She sighed. "The girls didn't show, I tried calling but no one answered. That's why I came back." I ran a hand through my hair. There was seriously something wrong. "Maka, I think we're the only ones left in Death City."

-----------------------------

Hey everyone. Sorry for the lack of updates. My schedule has been out of whack recently. I've been working on getting into college and I'm trying to get a car and a job, I'm still studying Korean and I'm trying to move. Things have been crazy, but I'm back for a bit I suppose. Anyway, please send your feedback and I'll see you in the next update. Bye!