Chapter 3

Maka

Soul was sure acting weird. He never cared much for what I did before. Maybe it was because our wave lengths were wavering again. I couldn't blame him. At first I thought it was because of the black blood again, but it hadn't been. At least that's what Stein determined from the last exam he did on Soul. But what could it be? I tried not to think about it as I walked to the meeting place. Tsubaki, Liz, Patti, and I were planning on having a boy free day. It would be a nice change of a pace.  We were always with the boys twenty-four seven and we needed a break. I took my phone out of my pocket, getting ready to call Tsubaki and tell her I was on my way when Soul's number popped up. What could he want? I haven't even been out of the house that long. He was staring to become my dad. I didn't like that. I let the phone ring once before answering.

"Yes?" I rolled my eyes. Couldn't I just enjoy my time without him calling me? "I don't even get a hello? That's rude you know." I hear the smile in his voice. I wish I hadn't. "What do you want Soul?" I honestly don't know what the matter with him. He has never been this clingy ever. Sure he has his moments where he was very protective but that was understandable; I was his meister and he would never want to see me hurt. "I was just checking up. Making sure you're okay. That's how I show I care. You could try the same thing." I snorted. "I'm fine. I'm almost to the meeting spot. There's no need to worry about. I'll talk to you later. I love you." He sighed. I know I shouldn't be hard on him, but I couldn't help it. I loved pressing his buttons.  "I love you too. Bye." The line went dead and a silence filled the air. I smiled, pushing my phone back in my pocket. I loved him so much.

I finally reached the meeting spot, but no one was there. I thought I left the apartment pretty late. i wonder where everyone is. I pull my phone out to call Tsubaki. I quickly dial the number. It rings three times. "The number you have dialed does not exist. Please hang up and try dialing again." Does not exist? What does that mean? I tried calling Liz. The same message was played. Why aren't these number working. Why don't they exist. Did Black*Star pull this prank again? I shook my head. There was no way Tsubaki would let that happen again. I sighed, calling my last resort. Stein. "The number you have dialed does not exist." I rolled my eyes. What did this mean? "I better get home. Maybe Soul knows. Hopefully he knows."

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, sorry I haven't updated in a while. I have been writing on different site, plus I have been studying two different languages and that takes up a lot of my time. I'm trying to clear up my schedule, but that doesn't seem to be working. I'll still try. Please be patient with me. Okay, please send your feedback and I'll see you in the next update. Bye!