Old Friends

Kendall was running late as usual for work, speed walking into her regular coffee shop.  She got in line to order her regular cappuccino like she did every day. She furiously replied to her assistant, texting her about how late she is to this meeting, but Kendall was afraid she wouldn't be able to function without her daily coffee. She was growing closer and closer to ordering and her assistant was getting angrier and angrier by the minute.

"Kendall Jenner?" A raspy British voice said.

The voice sounded foreign but at the same time familiar to Kendall.

"Cara Delevingne?!" She just about had a heart attack. Wow Cara looked gorgeous, not that she didn't before. She cut her hair shorter and she didn't look a tad bit older. She still had her unique sexy style Ken could see, checking her out from head to toe.

"Done checking me out?" She smirked. Damn she still got the smirk.

"S-sorry." Kendall felt a huge gush of heat rush to her face. Why am I acting like I just met her and wasn't in a three year relationship with her Kendall thought, embarrassing herself. 

"It's fine." She softly laughed making the brunettes heart melt all over again. "How are you?"

"NEXT!" The cashier yelled.

"Go ahead I'll wait here." Cara smiled.

Ken silently nodded and went to order a cappuccino. The brunette felt like she was in shock, after not seeing her ex in years. Her palms were sweating and her heart felt like it would thump right out of her chest. She glanced over her shoulder to peak back and Cara was staring at her with glistening eyes. She quickly looked away and received her change. I slowly walked back to Cara.

"Wow you haven't changed at all Kendall."

"Is that a good thing?" Kendall nervously laughed. Her phone kept buzzing repeatedly in her palm. Cara seemed to notice.

"Sorry my assistant, I'm running late..."

"Oh still working for that one company down the street?"

"Yes Wraith Industries, I-"

"Cara, ready to go?" A taller older women with black curly hair interrupted Kendall, sliding her arm around Cara's back.

Kendall's stomach dropped. "Sorry I didn't realize you were here with someone."

Cara shifted in her step, Annie's arm still tightly hugging her waist.

"Hi, I'm Cara's fiancé Annie, and you are?" She stuck her bony hand out.

Kendall seemed at a loss of words, fiancé? This woman looked twenty years older than Cara not that it matters. Kendall was more surprised that her ex settled down. She can't be mad because they broke up over two years ago now, of course she would move on.

"Wow uhmm congratulations." She managed to get out, shaking Annie's cold hand.

"Kendall's one of my old friends." Cara smiled looking into my eyes. 

"Yeah...old friends....anyways I have to run."

"Bye nice meeting you Kendall." Annie smiled. Kendall sadly smiled at least Cara found someone who seems decent.

"Bye Cara." She walked past them clenching her cappuccino.

Kendall didn't even bother to look back, in some way she was furious even though she knew it was so wrong to be. Kendall was the one who broke up with Cara in the first place due to her childish ways of not wanting to settle down. I guess she finally found the person she wants to settle down with....not me.