.28

"Porcelain Vance, will you go to prom with me?"

She blinks, I blink, and the guy just looks really fucking hopeful. This guy seriously just asked my girlfriend to prom in front of a third of the school, what an embarrassing moment for him. Now I could easily knock this kid out, but it's so comical that I can't even be mad about it.

"I don't mean to be rude," I start, and Porcelain looks at me from the corner of her eyes, "but what makes you think she's going with you?"

"Someone as beautiful as she, belongs with someone as good-looking as me," he smirks, fixing the collar on his polo.

This arrogant prick. Before I can make a move toward him, Porcelain grabs my hand to pull me behind her. And because she's just that nice of a person, she breaks the news to him gently and he actually seems okay with it. I roll my eyes as we begin walking down the hall, he was an idiot if he really thought she would say yes to him. How could he not have known that she's dating someone --dating me? Just thinking about it pisses me off to no end, and I squeeze her hand a bit tighter.

"How many people have asked you to prom," I question, stopping us before we enter the cafeteria doors.

"Not many, maybe three," she shrugs, but something burns in her eyes as she looks at me, "but of course I turned them all down. I was hoping someone special would ask me first."

I bite the inside of my cheek and put my head down. There's a definite reason why I haven't asked her yet, but I can't tell her or it will ruin it. You see Taylor asked Wyatt to go last week, and he did it big. Once Wyatt walked out of the front door of the school, he stepped on a teal carpet (it's his favourite colour) that lead to a white horse and carriage with Taylor in a suit and crown waiting next to it. Two lines of guys stood on either side of the carpet with their backs turn, then facing forward to throw flower petals as Wyatt walkec by. Before he got to the end, four of the boys step into the aisle holding cakes that spell out PROM; what took the cake was Taylor standing on the end with a cupcake that jad a question mark on it. I had never seen my best friend so happy, he'd screamed like a little girl and kissed Taylor in lips before he said yes. Everyone in the area cheered for them. After I saw that, I refused to be out done.

"Baby girl, please don't be mad at me," I plead softly, grabbing her hand to pull her into me.

"I'm not mad, it just bothers me that everyone else has asked me except for the person that matters the most," she sighs, resting her head on my shoulder.

"I'm sorry," I kiss her forehead, and then her lips. "I love you."

Her body relaxes more into me, and I hug her tight against my body. The perfect fit, she was made for me to hold. We stay like that for a moment, and then break apart to enter the lunchroom. My eyes scan the room until I find the person I'm looking for. Flashing them a smile, they nod at me as Porcelain and I sit at a table. A minute or so later, I excuse myself to go to the bathroom. Instead I stand at the edge of the room, and watch the scene unfold.

The first trumpet sounds, and a smile creeps across my face as everyone turn to see what's happening. A girl with blonde hair gives Porcelain a rose, and then another trumpet sounds along with the first. She receives another rose, this goes on until she's received eleven roses, and then when the twelfth trumpet sounds. A black carpet is rolled to her feet, and the cafeteria doors open up. People's jaws drop as the tattooed man strides toward Porcelain to present her with the final custom black rose. Her eyes are wide as she stares at the man, who is now reading from a scroll.

Porcelain covers her mouth as she nods her head vigorously, and I smile as she looks around the room until she meets my eyes. She bolts over to me, jumping into my arms as she kisses all over my face and finally my lips. Repeating the word yes over and over, she kisses me on my lips between each utterance. Clapping and cheers are heard around the room, and I feel proud of myself.