.05

I want to love you, pretty young thing, you need some lovin: tender lovin' care...

Michael Jackson plays in my headphones as I move about the store, helping a few of the people that have trickled in. It's doesn't get very busy in here, considering that is the only other record store in town, but when it does I'm always the only one working. When the store is empty, there is always one other person here with me, but today it's just fucking me.

"Do you sell cassette tapes here," a man with slightly gray hair asks.

Did this guy just spring from the eighties, because he really is throwing it back right now. But luckily enough from him, we actually do sell them, hell I actually bought a few from here. Wordlessly, I signal for him to follow me and I bring him to our tapes sections. His eyes light up as soon as he sees the expansive assortment of cassettes, and I smile at how happy he had become. It reminds of another happy face that I can't wait to see once I leave this place.

Leaving the man to his own devices, I go around the store and help several other people. When I finally think everything is dying down, the bell sounds signalling someone has entered the store. I groan inwardly to myself, turning around to see who has entered. My heart seems to jump into my throat when I recognise her wild curly hair, and I instantly make my way over to her. She doesn't notice me as she searches through a pile of CD's, and an idea that I will probably regret pops into my head. Tip toeing up behind her, I use one hand to cover her eyes and snake the other around her to press her against my body.

"Hello gorgeous," I whisper softly into her ear.

"Damnit, Kie, I nearly karate chopped you," she breathes, relaxing into me.

I remove the hand from her eyes, wrapping it around her waist along with the other and squeezing her lightly. She giggles as she reaches back and strokes my face, to which I press my cheek against her palm more. We've haven't seen each other in nearly a week, and I've really missed her. Lisanna had picked up a few more shifts at her father's club, so she she worked late nights while I worked during the day. Of course we texted each other when we had time, but it was just small talk.

"I've missed you, Lis," I smile against her neck.

"With a body like mine, I'd miss me too," she laughs, spinning around in my arms.

The whole store seems to be watching our interaction, but we ignore them as we indulge in our own little world. She looks up at me with a smile on her face, and I can't help but return it. It should be illegal to be this damn cute, and I'd be the one to arrest her for it.

"So what brings you by," I say, resting my forehead against hers.

"Looking for an anniversary present, I heard this was the best place to buy vinyls, but I can't buy it now," she pouts, furrowing her eyebrows and poking out her bottom lip.

I run my thumb over it lightly, and tilt my head as I (for the first time in a while) think about kissing her. Her pink and slightly brown lips are plump, and I can just imagine how soft there are against mine. Kissing her cheek, I pull away from her and shake my head as I smile. Once I kiss her, there will be no stopping me after I start, because I know that I'll just come back for more.

"You can still buy it, I'll just have someone else ring it up," I tell her, stroking her cheek.

"If I buy it here, you can't come near me while I look, and you have to pinky promise," she smiles, holding up her tiny pinky.

I hook my own around hers and kiss my hand to solidify the promise. When we break apart, I look up and several people turn their heads quickly, pretending to be interested in something else. Nosy ass people, they can mind everybody else's business but their own. Twirling Lisanna under my arm, I wink at her as I go behind the desk to get rid of the line forming. She giggles to herself, as she turns away and begins to look for my anniversary gift.