Old Age

ENJOY READING

PLEASE SHARE YOUR VIEWS...

LOTS OF LOVE TO ALL WHO NOT ONLY SUPPORTED BUT HELPED ME....

THANK U SO MUCH GUYS

HERE'S THE NEXT CHAPTER...

_____________________________________________________________________________

"The sixth age shifts

Into the lean and slippered pantaloon,

With spectacles on nose, and pouch on side;

His youthful hose, well saved, a world too wide

For his shrunk shank; and his big manly voice,

Turning again toward childish treble, pipes

And whistles in his sound"

OLD AGE : OLD AGE REFERS TO AGES NEARING THE LIFE EXPECTANCY OF HUMAN BEING. IT IS THE LATER PART OF LIFE AFTER YOUTH AND MIDDLE AGE. THOUGH THERE IS NO SPECIFIC AGE OF ITS ONSET, GENERALLY THE AGE AFTER AND AROUND SIXTIES IS REFERRED TO AS OLD AGE. OLD PEOPLE OFTEN HAVE LIMITED REGENERATIVE ABILITIES AND ARE MORE SUSCEPITBLE TO DISEASE , SYNDROMES AND SICKNESS THAN YOUNGER ADULTS.

THE ELDERLY ALSO FACE SOCIAL ISSUES AROUND RETIREMENT , LONELINESS AND AGEISM. THE PESON BECOMES SHELL OF HIS FORMER SELF – PHYSICALLY AND MENTALLY. HE SOMEWHAT LOSES HIS FIRMNESS AND ASSERTIVENESSAND SHRINKS IN STATURE AND PERSONALITY.

An old couple sat in their garden, awaiting the arrival of their nephew along with his wife and both daughters. The elderly female really enjoyed having company especially of children but just their luck they themselves were, childless. But the couple didn't mind, they have enough nieces, nephews and their children to love and spoil. The awaited family held a special place in the couples' heart.

The old man was the youngest of four brothers, his second eldest brother died young while serving his country on the borders. His brother left behind a family of five, four kids and his widow. The eldest of four, a boy of sixteen, took it upon himself to stabilize the family. He was the bread winner of the family. The eldest child became like father figure to the rest of his siblings. The second eldest was also a boy, he too stated doing odd jobs like tutoring, working in shops, etc. the boy was good in studies specially numbers. It was their father's dream for all of his kids to get best education and careers. But since he was dead his children especially both his sons wanted at least his dreams to live. Even if they didn't get an ounce of rest, they studied along with their jobs.

It was five years after his death, that things started looking up for the dead brother's family. The eldest boy, then twenty-one had completed his masters and gave a exam for a top position in administrative services. It was a shocking surprise to everyone when they found, he was passed the exam with flying colors.

It was not long after that news that the second eldest boy who was then seventeen declared he has been selected in army and would be leaving soon.

His declaration was a shock to everyone in the family, their mother had protested. She had already lost her husband to the country, she didn't want to lose her child too. Her wounds were still not healed ... they were very much fresh on her soul; and then there was here son who wanted to be in army, just like his father. It's true to say like father, like son.

Despite everyone's protest the child stood the ground and went for his training. Now after so many years all the for kids have kids of their own, some even have grandkids.