"How're you feeling chica?" Austin smiled at me and pulled up a chair, sitting down while the boys stood.

"I've been better," I admitted. "How're you guys?"

"School is boring without out basket case," Ryder chuckled and ruffled up my hair, making me smile.

"It's not the same ranting to Austin. I need you with me," Xavier pouted a bit which made me smile brighter.

I knew they didn't really mean any of it, but just having them here with me made my heart warm. After all, I was one of the quieter ones of the group.

"I really wish I could go back to school and hang out with you guys. The food here is down right awful."

Austin smiled and pulled my hand into hers. "Then that just means that we need to all go get some pizza as a celebration when you're allowed to come back home."

"Yeah!" Xavier nodded his head at the thought. "We can all get pizza and ice cream and then come to my house. I have a pool ya know," he winked and did a little shimmy with his shoulders, making all of us laugh a little.

"Hey, so what's been going on? With the whole Thomas situation." Ryder was biting his lip nervously, almost as if he were unsure if he should ask the question or not.

I had stiffened a bit at the mention of Thomas' name, but I knew it was going to come up sooner or later. "Um.. They made me talk to a Doctor lady.. Dr.Francis. She asked me a ton of questions and then came to whole idea that I was... I was..." I bit my lip and shook my head. The room got silent and Austin squeezed my hand to try and comfort me.

While I appreciated the gesture, I didn't care to hold her hand any more.

Ryder frowned a bit and apologized before changing the subject. "Well I wouldn't mind being cooped up in here. School sucks and you're being excused for all of your classwork."

"Yeah. But you missed a ton of fights. A lot of the freshmen decide they like to beat each other up for stupid reasons." Xavier added.

"Like what?" I asked.

"Some girl smiled at another girls boyfriend and then the girl with the boyfriend picked a fight with the other girl and they fought right in the middle of lunch. A lot of hair pulling and boob slapping. It was a mess."

"Hair pulling and boob slapping? That sounds like a damn porn video." I said with a small laugh.

"Now wouldn't that be a lot more fun to watch!" Ryder wiggled his eyebrows and we all laughed and shook our heads at him.

"Pervert," Austin said, pinching his cheeks.

"Grandma," he said right back, shoving her hands away with a laugh.

The rest of the conversation went uphill, everyone talking and having a good time. I was glad. I don't think any of them really noticed how sad I was inside.

A while later Austin and Xavier had to go, and Ryder decided he would leave as well. Right when I figured I should take a nap, a small soft knock was at my door.

"Come in," I said softly, sitting back up again.

"Hey Lilly."

"James," I breathed. He smiled at me, holding two blue balloons in one hand, and a small basket in the other. I couldn't quite see what was in the basket, but immediately I blushed. "You shouldn't have gotten me anything." I murmured.

"And why not? I haven't seen my best friend in ages and she expects me not to get her something?" He chuckled and sat down in the chair next to my bed where Austin previously sat.