Chapter 12

Trigger warning: rude remarks about suicide

Thursday rolls back around and you can't help but feel nervous. Today is group therapy with my roommates. You're scared of what'll be discussed and what will be said. You're nervous that you'll get in trouble for sneaking out. You're just scared in general.

"So, how is everyone today?" Dr. Janae asks. You look down at your hands and so does Jack and Pewds. Mark has been a tough nut to crack this week. Of course, you're not gonna open your mouth about that, though. Not your business he's being difficult.

"Pretty okay. Just ready to get out of here." Mark says. You all nod as well.

"Y/n. How about you?" Dr. Janae asks. You pick at your nails and shrug.

"I'm relatively okay. Just really tired," you say. You've been helping Jack sleep and Andy has sneaked you all out twice this week. Mark forced himself into the plans, threatening to snitch you all out. So you haven't got much sleep this week.

"I'm okay too. Also really tired." Jack says. They know about how you help Jack, so Dr. Janae dismissed it as okay.

"I'm doing fine. Really excited to go home in two weeks." Felix says. Felix has been doing better, way better. They gave him the clear to go home in two weeks. A week later, he'll get visiting rights to visit you guys.

"How do you guys feel about Felix and his recovery and him going home?" Dr. Janae asks. You all take a minute to gather your thoughts.

"I'm happy for him. He deserves happiness and he deserves to go back out into the world. Being stuck in here for a week is pretty dreading, so for him being here as long as he has, I'm happy for him. I'll admit, I'll miss him and I'm partially sad, but it's for the best." you say. Felix smiles at you and hugs you. You're in between Felix and Jack and Mark is on Jack's other side. Jack as a barrier between you and Mark, and Felix as someone to hold you back.

"I'm pretty sad he's leaving, because he's a really cool friend and he's funny and just awesome. But, I'm really happy for him. He deserves to be free." Jack says. You all turn to Mark, expectantly. After all, they are friends too. Mark looks at all of you and shrugs.

"What?" he asks.

"You have any words for Felix?" Dr. Janae asks. Mark nods.

"I'm happy for you, Felix," Mark says. Felix nods and smiles at him. You're not having it, though.

"That's it?" you ask.

"What? I'm happy for him. What more do I need to say? Write him a sappy letter and read it out loud to him?" Mark asks.

"No, but maybe something a little more heartfelt rather than forced. I mean, he is your friend after all. Don't you wish him the best? Don't you care?" you ask simply. Jack wraps his arm around your left arm while Felix does the same to your right arm.

"Yeah, I care. I do wish him the best, but I'm sure he knows that. Right, Felix?" Mark asks. Felix lets go and looks down.

"You know that, right?" Mark asks again.

"If I'm being honest, no. You've changed, Mark." Felix says. Mark looks at us, like we murdered his family or something.

"You have, Mark. It sucks seeing how you've changed in the past two weeks. You're not the same old Mark. You've become mean. You focus on Ally more than yourself too." Jack adds.

"So this is about Ally? Well, she's leaving in two days, so you won't see her anymore." Mark says.

"Let's drop her out of this. She's not relevant to us," you say.

"I see there are some unresolved issues within you four. Would you guys like me to leave you alone for a while to talk it out?" Dr. Janae asks.

"Yeah, I think we might need that," Mark says.

"Alright, follow me." Dr. Janae says. We all stand up and follow her out. Andy runs up to us and looks at Dr. Janae.

"Dr. Janae, it's 6:00, you're next patient is ready. Would you like me to take these kids from you to wherever they need to go?" Andy asks. Dr. Janae smiles and nods.

"Yes, please. Take them to the vault room and stay in there with them to make sure things go fine." Dr. Janae says. Andy nods and walks us all the way to the back of the building and walks us into a room with soundproof walls.

"Alright, guys. This is the vault room. Soundproof so you can all yell whatever you want and not be heard. Of course, I have to stay in here, that's one rule I can't violate in here." Andy says. You step in and Andy closes the door behind him. Felix, Jack, and you all go to one side and Mark goes to another. You all sit on the floor and Andy looks at all of you guys.

"Discuss," he says. You all sigh in unison.

"Mark, you've been an asshole lately. That's really the best way to put this," you say.

"I don't see why you guys care. You've all made a new friend out of Andy, anyways," he says.

"I'd like to be excluded from that narrative, please and thank you," Andy says.

"Mark, Ally is bad for you. She's crazy. You've been ditching us, especially Jack, for her." you say.

"Yeah, you stole my friend, I stole yours," he says. You roll your eyes.

"Ally isn't my friend anymore. Okay? Quite frankly, the only friends I have anymore are Jack, Andy, and Felix. You need to quit being a douche to Jack though. Be happy Jack is getting help. After all, shouldn't friends be happy that their friend is getting the help that they need?" you ask.

"Could say the same to you about Ally," Mark says.

"She's not my friend. I'm not gonna deny, she needs help, but not what she's getting it for. Quite frankly, you need help too that you're not getting. I'm done here, Mark. You're being irrational and I'm done. Andy, get me out of here." you yell. Mark looks at you angrily as Andy rushes to get you out.

"You know what? You're the most annoying person I've met. You should've ended yourself, I'm sure a lot of people would've been happier." Mark says, his eyes going wide. Your heart shatters and you feel Felix and Jack grab your arms.

"Yeah, I should've. Maybe none of this would've happened," you say calmly, tearing Felix and Jack's hands off you and walk off.

"This the lowest, Mark. Can't believe you." Jack said.

××

Hey, how are you? How was your day? Are you okay? Sleep well? Keep up with your hygiene? Eat anything? I love you guys.

This was complete bullshit, I'm sorry. And it's late too. I'm extra sorry. I've been having writer's block on this story, so updates will get pretty rocky, and I'm sorry about that. If y'all are wondering how life is, here ya go;