11 - Taking a Moment

Jack didn't see Mark much for the rest of PAX for the day. They only met up here and there in crossing. Like when Mark was leaving a panel that he had been invited to with Cry and a few others, Jack was being escorted to a panel he was expected at with Emma Blackery, and CinnamonToastKen. He was trying really hard to get out of his funk, that feeling of loneliness that he's been battling for a while, but ever since he had gotten to PAX it has been a roller coaster of emotions. One minuet he's sad, and feeling down, and the next he's laughing and feeling like his old self. Right now, he just knew he had to power through his emotions and try to focus on his fans, and what he needed to be doing. People were counting on him to be there and to be his happy self. So with the best smile he could genuinely give, he walked through the hordes of fans, security on either side of him, and made his way to a small platform that was set up with a table, and a monitor on the wall so people in the back could see what was happening on stage. It was Emma's panel, and so he waited his turn to be introduced, and once his name was yelled he grinned, and waved to the screaming crowd as he walked up on stage. Ken came after him, and the three of them played a game of Fun Employed, though Jack's heart wasn't really in it. He's been on panels before, without Mark, when there was a game, but it just wasn't the same. He missed his friend. He still had a decent time, laughing it up with Emma and Ken, but was grateful when the game was over, and thankful they didn't have any extra time for questions. So after their group hug, the trio waved as they left the stage.

He was walking down the required pathway to get back to the greenrooms, when Jack turned and saw Dan off a few feet away, talking with a woman with violet colored hair. He was smiling his brilliant smile, but there was something about it that make Jack think that Dan was perhaps flirting with her. Especially when Dan took her phone and starting typing into it. Jack just rolled his eyes, and kept moving, it made him feel protective of Mark now, more than ever. In fact, glancing back one more time, seeing Dan hand back the phone, and his hand lingering on the woman's just slightly longer than needed, made Jack feel slightly irritated, but also possessive. He was no longer smiling, but looked determined. So, Dan wanted Mark to join them for dinner, weather he was originally invited or not, Jack was going to be there, to protect his friend.

~*~

The moment he was told that PAX was over, as Jack was gathering his gifts, he received a text from Mark.

Meet me at my hotel room, it read.

Jack raised an eyebrow, but smiled. It seemed like the entire time he's been here, Mark was texting him as soon as he was available. Jack just chuckled a little at that thought. Once his belongings were put into a satchel that happened to be a gift, the rest to be boxed and shipped, he was on his way back towards the hotel. He wondered what Mark wanted, but then he remember about having dinner with the grumps.

Jack was able to get to his room back at the hotel easily, by taking a back service elevator. The management of the place got on top of helping their V.I.P. guest get around without to many problems, after Jack and Mark had been mobbed in the lobby. He was trying to get his key card out of his pocket when he heard another door open, he looked back just as Mark stuck his head out of his own room.

"Hey, come here," Mark said.

"Give me a minuet, I have to drop this stuff off," Jack fumbled with his card, and dropped it.

"Just get over here, you can leave it in my room."

"No, just give me a minuet."

"Jack if you don't hurry they'll find you," Mark said.

"What are you talking about," Jack argued.

Just then the elevator dinged and the sound of many girls laughing and talking could be heard. Knowing he didn't have time to mess with his lock, he ran over to Mark's room and ducked in before he could be noticed. Thankfully there was a pillar sticking out into the hallway that blocked the view that would go straight from the elevator to the end of the hall.