13~Heaven

Supernatural S5:E16 "Dark Side of the Moon"

Madison's POV

I woke up to the sound of a gun cock behind me. I quickly sat up to see two men standing there with guns pointed at my brothers and I. I turned to Dean in panic.

"Morning," he said to me. The men looked at us in anger.

"You think you can flip the switch of the apocalypse, and just walk away, Sam?" one man asked my younger brother.

"Who told you that?"

"We ain't the only hunters after you," he said and cocked his shotgun. "See you in the next life," and with that he shot and killed him. I screamed and the man turned to me. "Oh shut up bitch!" he said and shot me three times. I fell back onto the bed, and everything went black.

(Heaven)

I was sitting in the car with Ryan in the drive in movie theater. He scooted closer to me and I smiled.

"I love you," he said to me. Just then it was like time froze, and a voice I recognized appeared on the stereo.

"M-Madison," the voice broke.

"Cas?" I asked.

"Yeah, it's me"

"Why are you in my dreams, Cas?"

"Listen to me very closely... This is NOT a dream, and I think you know that"

"Then what is it?"

"Deep down you already know," and then a memory of my brothers and I being killed flashed through my mind.

"I-I'm dead?! But how? Cas you gotta help me" I said starting to panic, and everything around me disappeared, even Ryan. Now I was alone on this unfamiliar road.

"You're in heaven. Madison, what do you see?"

"I-I see a road"

"Okay, follow that road, and it'll lead you to your brothers," he explained. Just then all the drive in and Ryan disappeared, and I looked to the road.

"Okay, thanks Cas"

-TIME SKIP-

After finding my brothers, Castiel told us we have to find a man by the name of Joshua, who speaks to god. He's at the garden. So, now we were jumping through our memories to get there, when Zachariah caught us in our child hood home.

"You did this," Sam spat at him.

"And i'm just getting started, I mean, did you guys really think you could just sneak past me into mission control?" he laughed, but then someone appeared behind him.

"Excuse me, Sir," the old man interrupted. "I'm sorry. I need to speak to those three," he said pointing to us.

"Excuse me?"

"It's a bad time, I know. But i'm afraid I have to insist." he said politely.

"You don't get to insist jack squat," Zach sassed. Wow this guy is a dick.

"No, you're right. but the boss does. His orders," My siblings and I shared a look. Is this the boss i'm thinking of?

"You're lying"

"Wouldn't lie about this. Look... Fire me, if you want. Sooner or later, he's gonna come back home and you know how he is with that whole 'wrath' thing," the man said. Just then Zach and his men disappeared and we appeared in a garden with the man who just saved us.

"You're Joshua?" Sam asked.

"I'm Joshua," he conformed.

"So, you talk to god?" I asked him. He smiled at me.

"Mostly... He talks to me"

"Well, um, we need to speak to him. It's important. Where is he?" Sam asked.

"On earth," my eyes went wide.

'Why?"

"I don't know"

"Well, can you at least get him a message for us?"

"Actually, he has a message for you," he said. "Back off"

We were all taken back by this.

"What?"

"He knows already, everything you want to tell him. He knows what the angels were doing. He knows that the apocalypse has begun. He just doesn't think it's his problem," he explained.

"Not his problem?" Dean asked in disbelief.

"God saved you already. He put you on that plane. He brought back Castiel. He granted you salvation in heaven. And after everything you've done, too. It's more than he's interviened in a long time. He's finished. Magic amulet or not, you won't be able to find him"

"But he can stop it. He could stop all of it"

"I suppose he could, but he won't"

"Why not?"

"Why does he allow evil in the first place? You could drive yourself nuts asking questions like that"

"So, what now?" Dean asks.

"You go home again," he said and snapped his fingers, except... I was still here.

"Um, hey Joshua... It didn't work," I said in confusion. He smiled at me.

"Madison, the angel warrior. You know, we could hear that cry of innocence all the way up here, darling," he said and pointed to me. "You are very powerful"

"Yeah, well I think you're wrong about that"

"You haven't even begun to experience the greatness of you abilities. Madison, do you even know your destiny?"

"No, I thought I was just the sister of the two chosen idiots," I shrugged.

"You are an angel that carries much purity. A very powerful weapon. I have a message for you as well," my eyes went wide.

" W-what is it?"

"She shall unleash her power when all hope is near end" was all he said before he snapped his fingers and I was alive again.

-TIME SKIP-

After we told Cas everything that happened, he looked like his heart had just been ripped out of his chest.

"Maybe... Maybe Joshua was lying," he said still trying to hold onto hope.

"I don't think he was, Cas. I'm sorry," I said. He walked over to us and threw Dean his amulet.

"I don't need this anymore. It's worthless," he said and walked towards the door.

"Cas, wait!," I called but it was too late...

He's gone.

---------------

word count- 973