15

Stephen

I trailed Coach Kerr slowly behind as we entered the office. This is bullshit, man.

"Catch up, Stephen," he said. He didn't sound so happy so I caught up. I really don't want the principal to tell me that I'm suspended from playing basketball. "I would take you to the nurse but you look fine."

"I just have a bloody nose, that ain't crucial," I mumbled and wiped it, it already seemed to be stopping. Coach knocked on the door and the principal let us go in.

"Woah, what happened to you, Stephen?" He asked as I just huffed.

"Nothing," I replied.

"We had a little incident, he got into a fight with another student," Coach said. I slouched back in my chair and put my hood on. "Stephen went up to him and pushed him, then they just got in a big brawl."

"It wasn't even my fault," I butted in.

"Why did you do it then?" The principal asked me.

"Because he called Morgan a 'bitch,' I wasn't gonna let him get away with it," I replied.

"That doesn't give you the right to-"

"Get to the point," I huffed. "You know you've always told me that and I ain't never listen, what's my punishment this time?"

"Well, I'll make it easy on you since it's a new year, suspension for a week," he said. I sighed, easy my ass.

"Am I suspended from basketball?"

"I'll let Coach Kerr decide that." I looked at Coach and waited for an answer.

"Coach?" I rose my eyebrow.

"You're not suspended, but you won't be able to attend tryouts this week," he said.

"Thank you," I sighed in relief. We both got up and exited the office as the principal give me my report. I saw D'Angelo sitting in one of the nurse's chairs. "D? You get hurt or some?"

"Nah," he looked up at me. "Your girl did though."

"My girl?" I furrowed my eyebrows. "What happened?"

"Remember about her ankle, well she sprained it. She fainted while you were fighting, who won by the way?" He joked.

"Me of course, but where she at?"

"In there, on the third bed to your right, she might be asleep," he pointed. "I'm just waiting for my mom to come."

"Thanks, D."

"Take care of her, bro."

"Always," I walked into the nurse's office and went into the third room.

I slowly slid the curtain to see Morgan laying on the bed wrapped up in a blanket. She was still sweaty but was shaking because of the fan above her.

"Wardell," she mumbled.

"Shh," I replied and walked near her. I kneeled down next to her bed and placed a kiss on her forehead. "Hey, Mo."

"What happened to your nose?" She said and traced her finger around my jaw. Her voice was much more soft and delicate than usual.

"Just a nosebleed, it kinda dried up. What happened with you though? I'm sorry about what happened."

She scooted over on the bed and let me slide in, "I was hyperventilating and I panicked at one point. D said I passed out for a while."

"And your ankle?"