Chapter Eight- Part One

Corny

I watched as Margaret kept looking through her closet for something to wear. It was getting annoying to be honest. She would look through it once, try a couple things, then she'll go back and look some more.

"Come on, Margaret, it's getting annoying to watch you look for clothes. Just pick something and put it on," I said.

She sighed. "It's not that simple. This is my first party and I want it to be memorable."

I groaned in annoyance. "Babe, you look good in anything. Pick something and let go."

Her cheeks and the tips of her ears turned red. "Fine, I'll pick the gift you gave me."

I smiled. "You should've picked it from the start!"

She went into her closet to change. I laid on her bed and stared at the ceiling. Why did she have to have such a beautiful smile? It makes me fuzzy inside when I see it.

Corny, huh?

I didn't notice that she was standing in front of me until she smacked me. "Huh?"

"Tada!" I bought her a black dress with white details, black flats and little rose earrings. Let me just say, she was rocking that look.

 Let me just say, she was rocking that look

"Wow. You look amazing," I said, sitting up.

"Thanks. Should we get going? The party starts soon," she said after looking at the clock.

I got up and laced our fingers together. "Oh, but of course," I said with a fake accent. We walked to my car after saying 'bye' to Meg's mom. I drove to the party a little faster than I should've, but it doesn't matter because Meg was excited. Once we got there, I parked on the side street since there wasn't any space in front of the house. Then, I helped Margaret out of the car and locked it.

"I'm so excited!" Meg exclaimed, grabbing my hand.

"I know you are." She smiled at me as we walked into the house. The speakers were blaring 'My House' by Flo Rida. How ironic was that?

"What do you want to do first?" I asked.

"Can we dance?" she said.

I nodded. "Anything you want, babe." We danced for a long time before taking a break.

"Want some punch?" I asked her.

"Yes please," Meg said breathlessly. I went to the punch table and grabbed a couple cups of punch. I then walked back to Margaret and handed her a cup. "Thank you."

"No prob."

"Well, well, well. Look who decided to show up," Megan said. She wasn't with Noah, though. She was with some random dude from school.

"Does Noah know you're a slut?" Meg asked her.

"No, but he's not going to know. You're not going to tell him either," she demanded.