Some Lowkey Emotional Stuff Happens but Then Happy Stuff Happens

*Laurens Pov*

I was getting ready for a night of nightmare-filled sleep when i got a text from Alexander

Al.ex.an.d.er: Hello?

I'm.john.laurens: Hi?

Al.ex.an.d.er: I'm really sorry to bother you at such a late time, but this kid is really drnk and he got in a fight, so i took his phone and texted a random contact. Can you come help him?

Jesus Christ, Again.

Alexander always does this. I've only known him for three months, and we're pretty close. I'm getting pretty concerned for him, he can't keep getting in bar fights.

I'm.john.laurens: yea, i'll be right there.

I throw on some random clothes and begin walking to the bar.

This time, me and Alex are going to talk about this. He needs help.

+++

"Thanks for getting him." the guy says, handing me Alex's phone.

"No problem." i say, grabbing Alex's hand.

"Come on alex, get up." i say, slightly annoyed.

He gets up, and begins silently walking by me with a bit of a guilty puppy dog face.

"Look Alex, you have to stop. Come on man. Not cool." I start.

"I'm sorry. I was just trying to forget.." he says, his hair covering his face like a curtain.

"Forget what?" i ask, starting to feel bad again.

"Everything, i guess." He scrunches up his nose in thought.

"Like i told you awhile ago, i had a bit of a hard life. I don't like to think about it. And drinking helps."

"Yeah, i know. Everyone goes through that. But it does get better. Please stop drinking as heavily. Maybe just save it for when we party?"

Alex looks up to me and smiles "Well, you're right. Ill try, Laurens."

"Alex?"

"Yeah?"

"Thank you for being honest. I'm always here to help."

He smiles and i open the door to the dorm.

+++

"Alex stay still!" i yell, trying to dab the cut on his cheek with peroxide.

"But it hurrrrtttttts!!!!!" he whines. I whip some cream onto the cut and he screams.

"OOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWW" he yells.

I fall back laughing "you sound like a baby, Alex!" he jokingly frowns.

"Well you sound like a butt!" he retorts.

"Well you sound like a loser."6s

"You're an ass."

"You're an ass!"

"YOU'RE AN ASS!"

This goes on for a good five minutes before Alex goes to eat. I lay down on my bed and prepare for sleep that was supposed to come hours ago.

"Goodnight Laurens."

"Goodnight Alex"

+++

*Alex's pov*

I wake up to a sharp stinging on my face, before i remember that i got in a fight. I also remember the promise i made to Laurens. Enough drinking. Life isn't as fun if you're always drunk.

I realize that it's a Tuesday so i wake up Laurens the same way i do every Tuesday, ripping of the blanket and playing "Work" by Rihanna.

He opens his eyes, smiles, and goes to make coffee.

I make eggs, because we are very productive on Tuesdays.

After a quick meal, we get dressed and grab our books and schoolwork, heading out the door.

Tuesday was both of our best days. On Mondays and Wednesdays,i have 6 classes and Laurens 5 classes, thursdays and fridays were only four classes, but all hail the holy tuesday, it's the 3 class day! Having such a small amount of classes, and having two of them together, makes for a very fun day to spend with each other.

We usually went to the nearest gas station stop, and Laurens bought us Doctor Pepper and Salt and Vinegar chips. (my favorite)

I always felt insanely guilty, and i offered to pay whenever i could, but he insisted that Tuesdays were "just like this" and that we couldn't change it now.

Then we would go to our dorm, and watch a movie. I would make up for not paying earlier by making an amazing meal. (usually a form of pizza, like pizza pockets or pizza fries)

Tuesdays were our day, and we relished them.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:::: i really like this man!!!!! I'm so proud!!!! I think the next chapter is gonna be about them meeting the rest of Schuyler sisters and maybe Madison or something. Idk yo. Sorry it's a bit short