Rescue

Harley woke up at 8:37, precisely three hours and twelve minutes after Wade had left the apartment. She sat up on the dirty couch and stretched her arms up towards the ceiling. She looked around for any evidence that Wade was back, but to her surprise, there wasn't a trace.
"Wade?" she called out to the empty apartment. No response. She tossed the ripped blue blanket to the floor and stood up, walking around the apartment. She checked all the rooms for a sign that he may have fallen asleep. "Wade!" she yelled. She ran over to the door and opened it, her head poking out into the hall. The carpet was a musty red and the walls were a cream colour with black scuff marks along the bottom. There were two potted plants at the end of the corridor, a picture frame with no picture and an empty hook on the wall. The light in the centre of the ceiling flickered slightly.

She left the door open and walked down the corridor in her shirt and underwear, calling his name.

"Hey! Why doncha just shut up?!" A gruff voice yelled behind a door. Harley frowned and walked back into her apartment, grabbing out her bat. She returned back to the other apartment and opened the door, killing the man inside. His cries were silenced by her bat to his jaw. She exited, blowing a strand of hair out of her eyes and locked the door. The bat lightly dripped of blood but was barely visible on the carpet.
She entered her apartment again, walking to the bedroom to get dressed. She tied her hair back into her pigtails and took the money from the bench in the kitchen, shoving it down her bra.
                                             ----------------------------------------------------------
Harley walked down the streets of New York, trying to find a trace of Wade. She came across Pizza Hut and looked inside. She walked to the back where it was empty, but fresh ingredients were randomly thrown over the tin benches.
"He's been here" she said to herself, moving to the register in the front of the shop. She opened it and took the cash, putting it in the bag from her bra.

As she exited the shop, she noticed two plastic bags placed next to a light pole, the plastic rustled in the cool wind.
She moved towards it, rummaging through the bags. A pizza box, two Pepsi's, a box of four microwaveable chimichangas, a packet of condoms.
"Wade" she said, opening the pizza box and taking a slice of the cold pizza. She took a bite and put it back, putting the rest of the contents back in the bag. She looked around for a possible clue to where he could have gone. Her head spun around, looking for a possible lead. In a dark alleyway, a small red dot flashing on and off caught her attention. She walked slowly towards the alley, her bat in a firm grip on her left above her shoulder.
As she approached the alley, she stepped in a small puddle. She knelt down and placed a finger in the liquid and rubbing it between her thumb. The colour was red. Blood.
"Oh no" she whispered to herself. "He's in trouble." She looked over to a concrete wall where a red 'J' was scrawled in blood. Her heart dropped, her thoughts became the colour blue, her knees felt weak. Tears formed in her eyes and she sniffled.
She huffed out and fought back the tears, her grip tightening again on the bat and her thoughts changed from blue to red.
"Puddin'" she murmured, turning around, looking for a car.
She jumped into an abandoned white Sidan and sped off to the Joker's hideout.
                                       --------------------------------------------------------------------
Harley snuck over the wire fence surrounding the warehouse, avoiding the electric spirals. Two guards appeared at the front of the warehouse holding machine guns and wearing identical black jackets and trousers. She dropped her bat over the fence and jumped into the bush below.
The two guards became alert, the left guard nudged the other to go check out what caused the noise. He kept the gun close as he approached the bush. Harley grabbed hold of her bat as he neared closer and closer, preparing to strike.
"Who's there?" The guard yelled. His heart began beating faster.
"Me sweet cheeks!" Harley then jumped out of the bush and smashed him in the side of the head, knocking him out cold. The other guard spotted Harley and began shooting. Harley ran at him, dodging every bullet swiftly.
"Don't you know who I am buddy boy?" she said, taking a swing at the guard's rib cage.
She opened the door quietly as possible and snuck in, sticking to the walls and shadows. She heard the sounds of grunts and moans coming from ahead, most likely Wade's. There were large crates and tanks blocking her view. She tried to control her breathing as she neared the light.
"You know Wade, your skull is a lot thicker than I thought" The Joker's voice echoed, giving Harley goosebumps and butterflies.
"Thicker than Mama June's layers" Wade remarked, giggling slightly.
Then, she saw them. Wade and the Joker. Wade was strapped to a metal chair with pads stuck to his temples, which were attached to an ECT machine.
The Joker turned the switch on the machine, which sent electric shocks through to Wade's head, making him scream in pain.
"HEY!" she yelled, emerging from the wall into the light. The Joker turned to see Harley with her bat in one hand.
"Harley?" he said, turning off the switch. "AHAHA Harley! Sweet cheeks! Baby! Puddin'!" He held his arms out to her for a hug.
"Mistah J, let him go."
"Now, Harley, you don't want that now do you? This fiend kidnapped you for gods sakes! He took you from me!"
"You gave me up!" she said, nearing him with the bat at her shoulder.
"A-a-a! Think about it Harl. Who do you really want to hurt here? Me? Or the lizard-skinned mutant?" Wade looked up painfully at Harley, smirking slightly. She looked at him sympathetically.
"Sorry buddy, I don't work for the government. Trust me Harl this isn't as bad as it looks. Think of it like 127 hours, except instead of cutting my arm off they're turning me as insane as Jack Nicholson."
"That bad?" she said. Wade winked back. She looked back at the Joker and lowered her bat.
"Puddin', let 'im go. I don't wanna hurt you again. Just let him go please."
He looked back at Wade, who had his head hung. He sighed heavily and switched off the machine. He walked over to Wade and reached his hand up to detach the pads when Wade head butted him. Harley gasped as she rushed to the Joker's aid.
Wade lifted his right arm up, pulling on the zip tie until it snapped. He then pulled the dagger from his right leg holster and cut through the other zip ties quickly before the Joker stood up. Wade stood up shakily and managed to put up his fists for one final fight.