The bomb

Scott shrunk down to size and crawled up Slipknot's arm, breathing heavily. Out of his vision, he pulled on the back of his hair and he fell towards the floor, holding the back of his hair. He grew to his normal size again and punched him in the face. Slipknot kicked his leg up and hit Scott in the back, making him fall down beside him.

The bomb was set behind the group, ticking quietly. Twenty minutes until total annihilation of the population.

"You're not getting away with this Deadshot" Steve said, throwing his shield in Deadshot's direction. He jumped quickly out of the way, rolling to a corner. The shield rebounded and returned to Steve's forearm. He took a few shots at the soldier, which he easily was covered from by the shield.

"You're getting in the way of the future, you righteous son of a bitch" Deadshot replied, running towards Steve, continuously shooting. Steve ran towards Deadshot from the other side of the room, sliding between his legs and kicking him down.

Killer Croc slammed his fist into Hulk's jaw outside the room. Killer Croc had once been guarding the facility before being attacked by the Hulk. They were both aware of their large movements and the bomb's proximity. The Hulk roared in pain and threw six punches into Killer Croc's side. Croc dug his claws into the Hulk's shoulders and pushed him back against the sewer walls, his claws digging deeper and deeper. The Hulk cried out in pain and kicked Croc in the shins, then head-butting him. Rhodey came up behind Croc and shot him in the back, but the bullets repelled off of his tough, scaley skin. He turned around and faced Rhodes, who showed little fear.

"Just a giant human crocodile, that's all it is" he said to himself. He charged his armour, his hand lighting up brightly against the dark walls. A light beam shot out from his hand, making a scorch in the middle of the reptile's chest. He growled in anger and jumped at Rhodey.

Tony was hidden inside the bomb, shrunk by Scott. He was at work trying to deactivate the bomb, wires and sparks flying everywhere.

"This has to be the dumbest designed bomb in the history of mankind" Tony said, firing off the wires. Quiet sparks were heard from the outside of the bomb, but Steve, Deadshot, Slipknot and Scott were too busy to hear it. Suddenly, the machine stopped humming and the dim lights inside of it died out. Tony had deactivated the bomb.

"Team, the bomb is down, I repeat, the bomb is down" Tony spoke into his earpiece. No reply.

Steve smacked Deadshot in the head and he dropped to the ground. Steve picked up his shield from the ground and checked his pulse. A slow heart beat. "You should be okay, just think next time when you try to take over a city." He got up and walked towards Slipknot, who lay on the ground unconscious.

"He dead?" Steve pointed, Scott still catching his breath.

"Uh, no sir. I'm pretty sure he's alive" Scott said, looking at Steve. Steve nodded and pulled Scott along to the door.

"Scott!" Tony said into the earpiece.

"Oh yeah! Sorry man!" Scott replied, turning around and moving to the back of the bomb. He took out a particle disk and waited for Tony to emerge from the panel. Tony climbed out of the crease, clanging his armour to grab Scott's attention. Scott waved slightly and Tony flew onto the ground. Scott placed the disc over his head and dropped it, Tony growing instantly. Scott was knocked out of the way and rubbed his head.

"Ouch" he said, getting onto one knee. He took out another particle disc, this one was to shrink the bomb so it was easily removed from the sewers and terminated outside the city. He tossed the disc and the bomb shrunk down to the size of a marble. He picked it up and examined the little death machine.
"Hehe it's so cute! Look at this Tony! Steve?" The guys had moved out of the room, picking up Bruce from the floor and Rhodes stretching his shoulder out.
"He should be out for a while" Rhodey said, pointing at Killer Croc. His breaths were loud and short and there were burn marks over his chest. Bruce's shoulders were bleeding and his abdominals were bruised badly. He had a black eye and blood trickling from his mouth. Rhodey's armour was dented in some areas and scratched in others, but the worst for him was a broken nose.
"We need to get you some medical attention, Romanov what are the stats up there?" Steve spoke into his earpiece.
"Uh, well I want to say we're doing well but Wade has stumbled upon more trouble than what he could have bitten off" Natasha replied, her leg lightly bleeding. She limped to safety to speak with Steve.
"Well there's no surprise there" he replied, looking at Tony. "Need a hand?"
"A hand would be gracious" Wanda spoke, throwing Enchantress to the ground with her energy.
Tony looked at Scott and Bruce, smirking.
"Ready for round two?" He said, walking out of the area. His mask came over his face and he flew out into the tunnels and exited. Rhodes groaned and started up his suit, following behind Tony. Bruce sat back down and breathed deeply.
"Give me a minute" Bruce said lightly, his arms resting on his knees. He hung his head and shut his eyes for a moment.
"Natasha needs you Bruce" Steve said, holding out a hand. Bruce looked up at Steve and took his hand, smiling slightly. Scott shrunk down and hopped onto Steve's shoulder again, holding onto his collar.
"Onward Captain!" He said, pointing an arm and placing one foot in front of the other like a pirate. Steve looked down at him and raised an eyebrow.
"Not a fan of the pirate? Roger that. Oh, hey I made a joke! Ha ha!" Scott said before Steve put his shield on his back and jumped off of the small platform, running into the tunnels.
Bruce bent over and put his hands on his knees, taking a few breaths in. He thought about Natasha for a moment before turning slightly green, then growling. He grew into the large green monster and charged through the tunnels to find the opening.