Set out

The Avengers gathered outside of the gleaming white facility, awaiting orders from Stark. Wade was casually running late, so the team was held up.

"Where is that Canadian pansy?" Stark said, tapping his armour.

"He'll be here in his own time, let's go!" Wanda whined, crossing her arms. Steve approached her, placing a gentle hand on her shoulder.

"Calm down, he'll be here soon, we need him" he said. She nodded, smiling a little. A cab pulled up on the loose gravel, the back door opening quickly. Wade hopped out, bringing his Hello Kitty duffel bag full of his weaponry.

"Sup amigos!" he yelled, throwing his hands to the air.

"Wade! You're late! You were supposed to meet here fifteen minutes ago!" Stark raised his voice sternly.

"Look Iron panties, the traffic was nuts and my caramel macchiato spilled all over my pants" he replied, pointing to his crotch where there was a light brown stain. Natasha and Wanda rolled their eyes. Wade giggled quietly.

"No one cares Wade, we need to get going. The Suicide Squad could be there by now!" Steve said, picking up his shield.

"Ooh are we going by Blackbird?" Wade asked, clapping his hands and jumping up and down. The team looked around at each other confused. "Oh sorry, wrong universe."

The team climbed into a jet and took off for New York. They landed on the roof of a nearby building and jumped out, gathering again.

"Okay, Tony, Bruce, James, Scott, we're going down into the sewers to locate the detonator." Steve said, moving towards the stairs on the roof. Scott ran after him and shrunk down, jumping onto his shoulder. Bruce transformed quickly into the Hulk and jumped off of the building onto the nearby building.

"Meet you there guys" Tony said, his mask closing over his face. He and Rhodes activated their suits and flew off into the streets to find the sewerage entry.

"Hey! I'm the team leader! Shouldn't I be coming down there with you?" Wade yelled out, waving his arms angrily. "ASSHOLES!" He kicked the edge of the roof of the building and silently cried out in pain. He looked back at the rest of the group. Peter, Sam, Vision, Natasha, Wanda, Thor and Clint looked at him.

"So what do we do?" Clint asked, putting his bow over his shoulder.

"I say we move the citizens to safety" Thor said, moving towards the side of the building. The team followed, then Wade piped up.

"Hey! What the fuck do you think you are doing Hammer Boy?" he yelled, drawing a sword. "I should be calling the shots here! It's MY PLAN! MY RULES!"

"Then what do you suggest we do then?" Thor replied, gripping his hammer tightly and standing proudly. Wade thought for a moment.

"I suggest we move the citizens to safety, Avengers Assemble!" he squealed, jumping up gleefully. He ran to the edge of the building and jumped off, pulling out his second katana.

"But I just said that" Thor said, moving towards the edge of the building, watching Wade fall.

"Let's go guys" Clint said, making a move for the stairs. Natasha followed, as well as Wanda and Thor. The Vision and Peter were left on the roof.

"We haven't talked much have we?" Peter said, facing the Vision. He looked at Peter.

"Wade is a clueless moron" The Vision, "He's going to get hurt."

"Well if he knows how to stop the detonator and the Suicide Squad, we have hope" Peter replied, pulling down his mask. He ran towards the edge of the building, unleashing a string of web and swinging off. The Vision levitated slowly and flew off the building, landing softly on the street below.

Deadpool was off running throughout the busy streets, citizens staring at the strange man.

"Move bitch get out the way! Get out the city bitch get out the way!" He yelled, his swords dangerously swinging in the wind.

The helecarrier appeared above the city creating a shadow over the streets. "Oh come on Fury! We were going to do this the Deadpool way!"

"Sorry Wade, Steve got his input first" Nick said through earpiece. Smaller sized transporters broke off from the helecarrier and made their way to the roads. Crowds of people shifted away in fright, women holding their children and men protecting their families.

"Fucking Dorito man" Wade said, slicing his katanas in the air. People moved out of the way of his insanity. Clint, Natasha, Vision, Wanda and Peter guided crowds of people onto the transporters and locked them in, giving a thumbs up towards the helecarrier. Peter climbed into one of the transporters and rode it up to the helecarrier to calm some of the civilians down.

Suddenly, shots were fired into the air 600 ft back, screams of civilians echoed back and forth among the glass buildings. All attention was brought upon the Suicide Squad and their acquaintance, the Joker.