Chapter 5: Rain

Hey, guys just wanted to say that from now on I'm mostly going to use Blair and Serena gifs to represent Riley and Maya, simply because Riley and Maya are 16 in this story and their relationship is alot like Blair and Serena's. Just wanted to make that clear lol and the same goes for Riley and Farkle.

Anyway, just wanted to ask that if you read this story, you could like it so that i know if anyone is even reading this lol :P Thanks xx 

Chapter 5

Farkle had never seen Riley so calm, as she glanced around the crowded subway with her head still resting on his shoulder. One hand was linked to his arm, his black hoodie keeping her warm from the cold atmosphere and her other hand linked with Maya's, who sat next to her.

They hadn't spoken for much of the ride, just sat there holding onto each other for what felt like hours. Farkle didn't mind; just watching how peaceful Riley looked, despite everything that she'd gone through, somehow calmed his anxious heart.

''This is our stop'' Maya called out, as the three rose to their feet and exited the train. Walking out of the station, they were surprised to feel light droplets of rain fall upon their heads. Almost unconsciously, he placed the hoodie over Riley's head while Maya and he attempted their best to shelter themselves.

He then saw a small café just across the street, to which they all ran to.

Giggling, the three best friends ran in, catching the eyes of a few customers.

''Well, that was fun'' Maya smirked. Her blonde hair was soaked, along with her leather jacket and the rest of her outfit.

''I love rain'' Riley smiled, and Farkle fought the urge to wipe a raindrop that fell upon her cheek.

He chuckled, nodding his head to an empty booth just a few feet away. ''Go sit, I'll order us some hot chocolate''

They nodded, sending him grateful grins before leaving to take a seat. Farkle waited patiently for the customer in front of him to finish before, being greeted by a perky strawberry haired girl.

''Welcome, what would you like?''

''Can I please get three hot chocolates?''

''Sure thing. For here or to go?''

He turned to look at the two, smiling slightly as they both giggled over something.

''For here''

The girl by the name of Monica (at least that's what her name tag said), grabbed three large mugs and began to pour hot chocolate into them.

''Your girlfriend's pretty cute''

Farkle lifted his eyes from the counter, raising an eyebrow. ''What do you mean?''

''The pretty brunette over there'' Monica smirked. ''That's your hoodie, isn't it?''

''Yeah, it is, but she's not my girlfriend'' he mumbled. He wasn't sure why, but the thought of someone thinking Riley was his girlfriend, brought a weird feeling to his stomach.

''She's not?'' her eyes slightly widened. ''Mind if I go talk to her?''

''Sorry, I'm afraid she's pretty straight'' Farkle said, awkwardly rubbing the back of his neck.

Monica set the second mug on the counter, frowning. ''Bummer. What about the blonde beauty next to her?''

''Already has a boyfriend''

''All the good ones are always straight'' Monica snickered, setting down the third mug. ''Anyway, your total is nine forty six.''

He pulled out his wallet, handing her a ten dollar bill before grabbing the three mugs and making his way towards their booth. Setting down the mugs, he sighed in relief as he sat next to Riley. ''Here's our hot chocolate''