How it started

Okay, so chapter number two!

I know it's short, I'm sorry for that, but .. I just needed to get it started!

Anyways, here it is!

-Enjoy!

~ NickyMb<3

**Edited**

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

“He did what?’’ Ashley asks taking a drag out of her cigarette. I pull my hoodie up over my hair that was getting soaked in the rain. Ashley has her lit cigarette under her cupped hands.  

“Yeah. Star here I come.’’ I mumble as I look out to the empty parking lot. I did not want to go home anytime soon to see the disappointment etched into my father’s face.  Ashley starts to look up to the sky and blows smoke.

“It might not be bad. I know some people in there.’’ Of course you would. I think but of course I don’t say it. The rain gets heavier and I know I’m the reason we’re still hanging in the school parking lot. 

 “My dad,’’ I start but Ashley interrupts.

  “Who cares? Your pop is the one sending you.’’ There was no point in even bothering to talk to her. I tell her I’m ready to go and she throws her cigarette on the ground and stomps it with her boots and opens the car door. 

                                                                                 * * * * 

I thought my father would be pissed. I know if my daughter got kicked out of school, I would have set fire on her in a whole new degree. I pulled out my key and put it in the lock slowly.

Ash beeped her car in a farewell and backed out of the driveway. My father’s car was already there, so I knew he was just beyond the door. The only thing that stood in my way.

 The rain still fell in heaps as I open the door. I peer in and all the lights were off. Which I’ve never seen before. I’m debating if it’s a good or bad sign when I hear my father’s voice from somewhere in the shadowy dark. 

 “Close the door Brooke.’’ I walk in and carefully shut the door behind me. I throw my book bag on the floor and grab the bottom of my hoodie and pull it off, exposing the black tank top I had under it.

Everything I wore now and days is black.

 My eyes adjust to the lighting and I see my father in his suit, tie crinkled, with a glass of tequila in his hand.

His eyes stare straight ahead as I take a seat on the couch opposite of him. I start to trace the droplets of water that found its way to my arm when my father finally speaks.

  “Brooke... I can’t do this.’’ I don’t look up. I just sit there and continue to trace the little circles of water. Maybe if I don’t look up, he would stop talking.  

“I called your Aunt...’’ he stops talking and my head snaps up fast. There was no way in hell he could send me to my Aunts. 

 ‘‘Dad, she lives in that small house out in the middle of nowhere!’’ he was basically sending me to hell.

Aunt Linda was the aunt who was to wild spirited for her own good. She wore scarves on her head and walked around talking about being spiritual and connecting with your soul.

 No, Better yet, hell would have been a better option.  

My father shakes his head, still not looking at me.  

‘’I’m sorry’’ But I push myself off the couch. Not being able to sit any longer.  

  ‘‘You can’t do this!’’ I yell and my father just shakes his head again. Was that all he could do?  

  ‘‘It’s decided. Star is only fifteen minutes from your aunt’s, so you don’t have to worry about school.’’

 I turn my face away from him. He was sending me away. I know I wasn’t the best kid, but I didn’t deserve this.

I knew kids who did way worse and their parents keep them. Even if my father didn’t want to admit it, he was just like my mother. But instead of leaving, he was letting me go.    

Which I thought was worse.

  I don’t bother looking at him as I stomp up the stairs. If he was sending me away, then I would be doing it on my terms. I sling open my door and I don’t even flinch when it slams against the wall.

 Hot tears are running down my face as I grab a whole bunch of clothes off the floor and yank more off the hangers. I seriously couldn’t believe any of this. One little mistake and he has to send me off.

    I get on my hands and knees and reach under my bed and pull out a suit case. I start to stuff random things in, not even caring. My father was giving up. If he thought I was scum, then I would be what he thought I was.    

I push my way to the bathroom, slamming drawers and anything I can find to make noise. I hear someone clear their throat and I look up to see my father standing outside the bathroom door, with a sad look on his face.  

‘‘Brooke,’’ he starts but I save him the trouble. I thrust my hand in the air, still throwing things in bags.  

‘‘I’m leaving, just like you want.’’  

 ‘‘Can’t we talk about this?’’

  I shove pass him, shouldering my bag full of my bathroom stuff. I throw it in the open suit case on my bed and I start to zip it.  

‘‘Nothing to talk about.’’ I go over to my dresser, grab my wallet and purse. I pull hard on my suitcase and it clatters to the floor. I sigh and shoulder the heavy thing.

  ‘‘Move’’ I said to my father, who was blocking my way. He reaches for me but I step back.  

‘‘If you don’t move, then I will jump out the window.’’ I say with a hard voice.

 My father’s face tightens, but he gives me just enough room to make it past him. I push my way past and run down the stairs.

 ‘‘Brooke!’’ my father shouts, following behind me.           

‘‘I’ll be at Aunt Linda’s if you need me. Try to call.’’ I spit at him as I bang the door behind me. I pull my cell phone and dial Ashley’s number.   

‘‘Need busting out already.’’ She mumbles into the phone and she sounds higher than a kite.  

‘‘Just come to pick me up.’’ I mumble to her and snap my phone shut. It’s still raining and I notice my hair starting to form in curls over my shoulder. I hear the front door open.   

‘‘Please,’’ I say, looking out into the road ‘‘just please let me go.’’ I avert my eyes to the ground and I hear a sigh and the door click softly in place.   

The only person I felt bad for all of this was my Aunt Linda, because the new Brooke, was here to stay.