Chapter 8 - Don't You Remember

Start from the beginning

Avril bites her bottom lip and slowly nods. "Alright but Kai, the truth is goin' to come out eventually. What are you going to do? Keep lying for the rest of your life?"

I'm about to answer but I hear Leah's voice coming from the living room and decide against it. I don't need anyone else finding out even if I feel guilty about lying. I just can't face the truth right now. And I know I'll have to tell Leah soon enough.

"Leah's here! Come on we're going to put the movie in." Kiran's voice reaches me before her head pops into my room. She looks from me to Avril probably noticing the tension in my body and arches a blonde brow. "Everything alright?!"

I force a smile on my face and walk towards the door with my phone in hand. "Everything's absolutely perfect. Now lets go watch that movie." I take Avril by the hand and walk into the living room to find Kyle and Leah settled on the couch.

"Hey!" Leah says cheerily her hazel eyes big and round full of light. One thing I've learned about Leah in the few weeks I've known her is that her eyes are something special. You can see all her emotions through them which makes them a beautiful sight. I smile and take a seat next to her just as Kyle presses play and the movie begins.

----

Avril and Kiran are grabbing each others hands tightly and have one eye closed. Next to me Kyle has a pillow over her face and Leah is currently hiding behind me as the main character is walking through the dark and creepy house all by herself. The girls have been like this since the movie started which was approximately an hour ago. I personally enjoy a good horror film but I guess I'm the only one considering the look of total fear on their faces. The music intensifies and we're on edge. "Don't open the door!" Kyle cries out her eyes big. The girl is about to open the door and I have a really bad feeling about it. Just as she is about to open a knock on the door scares the shit out of us. "Ahhh!" We all scream at the same time and look at the front door.

Annoyed as to who it could be and what they could possibly want at this hour I walk up to the door (cautiously because I'm still a little scared) and open it. And I'm met by five cheeky smiles. "You've got to be kidding me. You scared the shit out of us!" I say playfully hitting Niall in the arm.

The five of them begin to laugh as the other girls stand next to me and glare at them. "What are you doing here?" Leah asks Zayn directly with her brow up. She looks annoyed and Zayn quickly stops laughing.

"We" says Harry pointing to them "were just in the neighborhood and decided to drop by your 'girls night'." His eyes gleam with mischief and amusement as they look back at us. His gaze flicks over to Kyle for just a tiny second and turns back to me. Harry has been kind of iffy lately when it comes to Kyle. I mean they talk and everything but he just seems more reserved, closed off.

Avril steps up and glares at them but ends up smiling. I swear those boys can get away with anything where Avril's concerned. They could probably blow up her apartment and she wouldn't care. "Well you can't just drop by because this is a girls night and you my friends are boys. Unless there is something you need to tell us." Avril mocks them and we all burst out laughing.

Harry smirks and looks around. "Actually...." He starts saying and Louis punches him in the arm playfully. This is the first time I acknowledge Louis since I opened the door. His hair is disheveled and his face has a five o'clock shadow, which I have to say looks rather stunning on him. I want to feel it rubbing against my skin when he kisses me. Wait no. I don't want that. I definitely don't want that. Ugh.

Louis turns to me flashing his beautiful smile and I almost feel like its seven years ago and he knows who I am. That he remembers all we went through, all those late night sleepovers no one but us ever knew about. "Sorry 'bout the interruption we were just bloody bored and thought what better to do than to hang out with you girls." He includes all of us but his eyes say he meant me. Or maybe I'm just seeing things again, that happens a lot lately. The last three weeks have been amazing and yet completely torturous. I love spending time with the girls and seeing Avril everyday and Leah every other day. The lads have been the best, helping us with our songs and even singing a track with us. Simon comes to see us at the end of each week to evaluate the progress and he's been pretty supportive. I used to be so scared of his opinion but I've learned he's just really honest. Singing everyday is absolutely perfect especially when your surrounded by family and friends. I can't help but feel nostalgic of all the moments Louis and I spent as children doing the same thing except at the park or our houses. It was our favorite pass time along with playing football which was more of a Louis thing than mine. When I hear Louis sing I remember him sitting beside my father at the piano as they sang together. Dad is who made me love music.