Chapter IV

Mr.Black (Brianna dad) POV

"John Black, you're looking old." A skeletal man murmured from the folds of his dark robes.

"My Lord, the Protectors found her. I can't lie anymore." I bowed and groveled on the freezing stone. A smashing noise made me shiver I had been dreading this moment all my life. She's safe but not for long, I just hope she lives enough before she dies. She doesn't know, they won't tell her, she will never know until her last moments.

"What? How did they find her?!" The man was shaking with fury his dark blue hood shock as his pale fists clenched and his clawed nails screeched against his thrown, making the same noise as a fork on a chalkboard.

"She found the boy. When she was on the bus. And well um." I bit my lip hard enough to feel something other then fear, I could taste blood in my mouth as I stuttered and my lungs constricted painfully due to the stress of my child dying.

"Jay?!" The man's voice dripped with menace and poison. "What happened to the Nightmare?!"

"Destroyed. His brethren weren't happy. They sent you a message" I clenched my eyes shut and I tried to not cry as red spots swam in my vision. But a tear ran down my face and as I thought of my beautiful, misunderstood Brianna Black, sitting there on my lap putting her five-year-old hand on his cheek.

"No, no, no! Do you think I give a damn about a stupid message! I need to recruit her I need that stupid girl!!!" The man screamed and threw boulders in a fit of rage, he drew his sword from his belt and threw it at the man kneeling in front of him.

Jay POV

I introduced Bree to the rest of the elementalists. First I introduced her to Gray who is the leader of our group, he was fascinated, he sat her down and questioned her about her past. She knew barely anything, not even where she was born but Grey would nod his head and lean in. He didn't understand how she could have lived a normal life without being bothered by monsters and chased down by others. He explained to her that elementals give off electrical current, they were different colors depending on the blood in our veins. So it is very easy for monsters to track us because apparently, we have an irresistible sweet smell to all the hellish ones, unless we have a special object in the house found in Certona, but unfortunately they are extremely rare because you either need to be high up in the Certona's rank or you need to be a terrible but talented smuggler. Gray described the beauty of a single artifact or brick in the wall of a cottage in Certona, the passion in his voice was intriguingly hypnotizing. As he spoke I could see the glittering walls of Certona rising out of the mist as the mountains stretched out in either direction, I felt a feeling of longing and a rush of power flow through my muscles even if I had been there a couple times. I had seen how peoples powers increase just by being around Certona. Peoples auras mix together and radiate in a smell sweet and strong enough for us to smell.

Next, I lead Brianna over to Kyle who was slumped unceremoniously on his stool. He held his spoon over his coffee cup and dropped it with a splash as we approached, he scowled into the mug. He was rude as usual; he ignored me as I tried to introduce Bree to him and he poked his waffles, he kicked Grace under the table and visibly rolled his eyes as if he was saying another useless girl! Really! Where did he find this one? The sewers? Grace kicked him back, hard, right in the shine. He glanced back at me and grimaced, then he told Bree's friend Cameron, that had just come down, that he was a useless, dumb human which is a waste of space in this fortress. But I could see that Kyle was interested in Brianna, he kept sneaking glances at her, when she sat down on his left he discreetly managed to shift his chair nearer to her but still kept his arrogant air around him. When I had tried to introduce Bree to Liam he didn't even look up, he was too busy eating waffles. Then finally, when he had eaten 5 or 6 of them he looked up and asked, "Who are you?" Kyle groaned and ran his hand through his hair and said to Liam,