N i n e

Luke's POV:

I tried my hardest to stay in the shadows while they roamed the grand room. These two girls that the boys and I had had hopeless childish crushes on, walked round the room like they were royalty. Although, I guess, in our community they basically were.

But Silvia, God, she was the definition of beautiful. And I'm not one to call a girl beautiful. Hot- hell yes, but beautiful- has not crossed my mind in a seriously long time.

"Oh Elizabeth, you remember my daughter, Silvia and my niece, Rinnel." A deep, fairly familiar voice said coaxing me out of my thoughts and smoothing out my frown as the man addressed my mum.

"Its lovely to see u again my dears, surely you two must remember my sons. Jack, Ben and of course Lucas." Mum smiled, the first real smile I'd seen on her face in a while. "Oh forgive me, you remember the other boys do you not? This is Calum hood, Michael Clifford's and of course the famous lord Irwin." As soon as that was said we heard a low chuckle make it up Ashton chest.

"Not right now, Mrs Hemmings. Paps not dead just yet." He stated with a small smile. "Its just Ashton." He adds winking at the two girls. Silvia rolls her eyes. We visibly see her huff before she straightens up and a grin crosses her lips. She wonders off not a second later, almost floating over the glazed floor tiles.

"For Gods sakes. I'm not as fast as you are in heals, cuz." Rinnel mutters below her breath, before grabbing fist fulls of the front of her dress and wobbling after her only other teenage relative.

"Sorry about that Silvia's just a bit... She doesn't like to... Talk much." Johnathan cleared his throat gesturing after the two polar opposites.

"Father, kindly don't speak on my behalf. Thank you!" Silvia called as she continued to walk through the swiftly parting crowds. Jonathan's cheeks tinged a slight pinkish colour. And I had to fight hard not to smile at that.

This girl, she was going to be the death of me.

✏-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Its been three hours since Johnathan first came over to talk to us. Now its the group of 5 parents, one from each of our families, jabbering on and on while the lads and I swirl pur drinks around in our glasses, making small talk.

Then everything starts to get quieter as people start to turn towards the stage, the younger generations gathering to the front while the rest continue to make mindless chatter at the back of the room. That is, until we are all silenced by their voices.

"Erm... Hello everyone, could we quieten down a bit more please? Yes that's better. Thank you." We see Rinnel blush slightly as all eyes turn to her, before she gestures for Silvia to speak.

"Hello lords and ladies, Thank you all for coming tonight. I know you most likely all expected my father to hold the honours of standing up here in my place. Although, its more than likely he's thanking me silently with his eyes right now... Anyway. Rinnel and I, thought that we would give u all a once in a life time treat. Although its not really much of a treat, but our way of thanking everyone of you all tonight. And my wonderful father for the opportunities we have been given." Silvia smiles. Although I can see straight through it, right to her broken heart.

"As you all know, my cousin and I have been living elsewhere for a while." Rinnel states looking into Silvia's eyes after pausing. "While we were on this trip, we picked up some traits from the community around us."

"One of these traits just so happened to be art. And for you we each have a gift, a family portrait painted of the head of each family that we spent the last couple of months creating." Silvia cleared her throat, and I could tell by her face she was purposely avoiding peoples gazes. "These portraits should be at our houses before you arrive home and i do hope that you appreciate our work. However for my father I have one right here being this curtain, and I would love for him to do the honours of presenting it to you himself." She stated before stepping back from the mic and gesturing Jonathan forward.

He smiled at everyone as he walked up to the detailed golden platform. And a swiftly he pulled the red Velvet cloth off of it. Sounds of people gasping in awe filled the room, adjoined to my own. There in all its pride and glory was a 6"x 6" painting of Rinnel, her parents Silvia, Jonathan and... Silvia's mother, her almost exact copy.

A few minutes after the room turned into excited chatter as they talked about their portraits that sat waiting for them at home. The boys and I lapsed into awkward silence as we waited- for what we didn't quite know.

"- don't want to talk to them." We heard a whisper-yell say from behind us. We all swiftly turned to see Rinnel and Silvia headed in our direction. Well Rinnel heading our way, Silvia being somewhat dragged behind her. "Rinnel! For gods sakes, if you do not unhand me this second. I will go tell everyone you shagged the Butler's son." Okay now that was something that I'd never imagine her doing. I glanced at Calum from the corner of my eye to see his face at least three shades lighter and with such a heartbroken expression on his face.

"Stuff it up. And u tell anyone and I'll tell everyone about-" Rinnel starts.

"Okay! I get it. But don't expect me to be kind." Silvia grumbles.

"I don't get what we did to get you to hate us so much!" Michael finally snaps, making Silvia sigh.

"I don't hate you. I'm just disappointed you turned into everything you said you'd never be." She mutters giving us a pointed look. "I waited for you." She starts. "But then word got back to me from the streets about you guys hanging out with Red, a couple of years back. I gave up." She whispers. And I freeze up. "Oh your surprised I know about him? I know bout all of the rival gangs. All of the suspected murderers of the only people I trusted."

"Silvia-"

"No, Rinnel. They need to hear it. Well, Red Robins Your gang killed the only person i ever loved, two years ago." She hissed. "And because of that I had to give up the rest of my life to be exactly what father wanted."

And then she walked away....