E i g h t

(^Silvia on the left and Rinnel on the right^)

Silvia's POV:

I stood there with Rinnel at my side gazing over our floor length dresses. I took a long shaky breath and exhaled slowly pulling a perfectly forced smile onto my face.

"Let's go down before father looses it and sends someone up to fetch us." I whispered the fake positivity dropping even more with each word.

"You're a seriously bad actress, Silv." Rin muttered giving me a look that said not to question her. "But I agree, we should head down." She sighed frowning at her dress before turning and dragging me out the room behind her.

"Oh there you are girls. I was just coming to call you down." I heard John, our butler, inform us. And as I turned to face him I saw the wide grin take over his face as he saw me. "You look exactly like your mother, dear." He whispered, so low that the sound only just met my ears.

"Thank you." I replied not sure what else to say to that.

We walked down the hallway. Rin and I following him round corners until we found the ballroom stairs. As soon as we came into view all heads turned to greet us. We smiled shakily at them as they stood in shock, taking in our appearances. My eyes roamed the crowds as we hesitantly started down the stairs. Half way to the bottom I froze. There they stood, staring at us like we were royalty.

I blinked back tears as I carried on walking the rest of they way down to meet my father and some of our guests at the base of the stairs.

*Edited*