Waiting Game

*Liv's POV*

"Come on Liv wake up..." I hear someone say. I slowly crack my eyes open and see Jess still tied to a chair. I try to get up but everything sore and I hiss in pain. "Yeah they really did a number on you," Jess comments.

"I...can see..that," I pant out trying to access my injuries.

"No, you can feel it not see it," Jess points out.

"Yes, thank you for pointing that out," I roll my eyes.

"That's what I'm here for," she laughs.

"So, anything happen while I was out?" I question trying to at least get into a sitting position.

"No, just got threatened but that usually happens," she shrugs.

"Yeah," I sigh,"any ideas on how to escape?"

"Got one but it's very risky," she answers.

"Only thing we got," I say.

"True," she agrees.

"..So what is it?" I ask after a moment of silence.

"Brute force.." she mumbles.

"..never failed me before," I shrug or at least try to.

"Yeah," she sighs,"hopefully we can surprise them if not then things could get a little messy."

"At least I'm awake and can get my strength back," I comment,"Or at least attempt to get it back."

"Yeah we're going to need all the help we can get," she mumbles.

"And the waiting game begins," I state.

We sit in silence, just waiting, when finally the door opens and in comes two men, one is slimmer than the other one who is really bulky.

"Your turn," the bulkier of the two says roughly grabbing Jess by the arm.

"Really, already? You guys must be getting either impatient or just really antsy," Jess notes.

"Just be a good girl and be quiet," the slimmer guy snaps.

"Why should she be? Your obviously scared about something," I comment seeing where Jess is taking this.

"What happened did your little attack fail or something?" Jess questions.

She must've hit a nerve, cause in the next few seconds the guy pulls out a gun and has it aimed right at Jess."Say one more word," he hisses easing his finger closer to the trigger.

"Duncan!" we hear from somewhere in the room. Jess and I look for the source of the voice and then we see a man, obviously the leader, step into the light,"what have I told about these situations?"

"Don't fall for the trap," Duncan mumbles lowering the gun.

"And how many times is this now?" the leader asks.

"The third time," Duncan says and starts to shake.

"Exactly and I hereby release you from your position," the leader states pulling out a gun and aiming it at a shaking Duncan.

"P-please just one m-more chance," Duncan pleades.

"You know the rules three strikes and you're out," the man comments before pulling the trigger. Jess and I just watch as Duncan takes his last breath and falls to the ground right in front of us. "Kane dispose of the body I'll handle things here," the leader orders like it's an everyday occurrence.

"Sure thing boss," Kane complies picking up the body and walking out of the room and taking our hope of escaping with him.

"Now ladies, let me properly introduce myself, I am Kent Gray," the man says taking a small bow.

"What mafia group?" I ask trying to remember the few groups that I know are enemies of the Dragons.

"Well I guess I could answer that," he mulls it over and after a slight pause finally gives me an answer," Fire Phoenix."

"The name doesn't ring a bell, you must be new to the area," I comment before thinking.

"Yes, my dear you are correct," he responds to my comment smirking.

"Why the Ice Dragons though?" I interrogate still slightly confused.

"Sorry my dear only one free question," he states," well unless you want to tell me your life story."

I just stay silent while my mind races trying to find ways to get information.

"Now I see my second in command has really did a number on you," Kent states while looking over my injuries,"I wonder why?"

"What he didn't tell you?" I question trying to see through the pain that's starting up again.

"No, he did but I prefer to hear it from the source," he shrugs pulling a chair from the corner and taking a seat,"take all the time you need, I have all the time in the world."

"Of course you do," Jess mumbles,"don't you have any people to terrorize?"

"Later," he answers lazily.

"No good mafia scum," Jess snaps.

"Says the woman who was bunking with one in the penthouse at Tres Spades," Kent comments throwing a pointed look to Jess then to me.

"But Soryu isn't bad and he tries to keep civilians protected from the Ice Dragon affairs," I speak up defending Soryu, but then immediately snap my mouth shut realizing what I just said.

"Oh-ho someone seems a little chummy with a certain leader of the Ice Dragons," Kent smirks getting up and slowly walking over to me. He's the predator, I'm the prey and I just fell into his trap. "Of course I already knew this as you know, but now I know for certain we have the right girl, and the other one" he signals over to Jess,"is just a spare that has already heard to much."

"Wait, I didn't, what, how," I fumble over my words as I try to get out of the situation I just put us in, when Kent puts his hand over my mouth silencing me.

"Of course you didn't mean to let that slip," he mocks,"but you did and I simply have all the information I need, so now I can move on with my plans without any hindrance that a spare brings to the game." At that moment Kane walk backs in the room," Kane perfect timing, I need you to dispose of the spare," Kent says pointing at Jess.

"It's rude to point and I'm not a spare," Jess verbalizes trying to loosen her bonds again but to no avail.

"Won't matter any longer," Kent shrugs finally taking his hand away from my mouth," Kane do as you please, and then kill the spare."

"Sure thing boss," Kane replies why picking up Jess and dragging her out of room while she struggles the whole way.

"Now, what shall we do with you," Kent murmurs while analyzing the bruises on my body, " my men tried almost everything they could do physically, but yet you still didn't talk, maybe physiological torture."

"No," I plead, trying to inch my way away from him through the pain.

" Physiological torture it is then," he smirks grabbing my chin, making me look at him, and stopping my futile attempt to escape.

"......." I stay silent trying to look anywhere but the eyes. His free hand starts playing with my hair and I try to suppress a shiver of disgust, as his hand starts to work it's way down my body, past my neck, to my chest slightly pausing and then working his way farther down to rest on my stomach where most of the bruises and scars that was given to me are residing. "Now do you wanna talk?" he asks, while putting pressure on my stomach.

"I-I..." I sputter, as he adds even more pressure, making a stabbing feeling run through my stomach. He smirks as I hiss in pain," should've known that's where most of the damage my men have done resides." He keeps adding pressure and I start to see black dots, but before I fall into the darkness he releases me and walks back to his chair," and now the waiting game begins."

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Not dead a and I got an update out. Hopefully now since I got back into the routine of things I should be able to finish this story and work on all my other ones. No promises, thanks for reading and hope your enjoying the story.

Buh-Bye!