Progress

*Jess's POV*

*Buzz*Buzz*

I groan as I feel something vibrate.  What does he want?! I think to myself as I roll over in bed. Today is my day off for the first time in forever and that is the second time the pager went off within the hour and it's getting really annoying all I want to do is curl up and read but no he has to be so persistent and keeping paging me. After a few minutes it stops and I relax and go back to reading.

About ten minutes later.

*Knock*Knock* 

"*Sigh*" I can't help but sigh as I book mark my page and go answer the door. "Who is it?" I ask.

"It's me,"I hear a very familiar voice from the other side.

"What do you want now Kisaki?" I practically growl out the question.

"...I just want to talk," he says sounding utterly defeated.

"...Fine," I think before answering," but try any funny business and we will have a repeat of last night." I open up the door and see him standing there looking like a lost puppy. 

He doesn't say anything as he walks in. "Is there a reason you came here?" I ask crossing my arms.

"I'msorryaboutlastnight," he says really fast and I barely catch it.

"Huh? Can you repeat that," I ask.

"I'm...sorry...about...last..night," he says sounding like it's really painful to get out.

I take a few minutes to think about his apology before I slowly reply,"OK, I forgive you, but you have to promise never to do that again and let me do what I want without you having to know."

He looks stunned for a second before he forms some words,"..Fine..but I still get to call you Tama."

I ponder this and decide I can live with a pet name if I get my freedom, it's progress more or less,"Fine, you still can call me Tama,"I say holding out my hand which he graciously shakes.

"OK Tama let's go," he says pulling me out of my apartment.

"What?! Go where?!" I ask confused.

"To the penthouse then to the auctions," he says beaming. At this I get excited because then I can find out more information to tell the guys.

"OK," I say. This is going to be good, I think as we walk towards the hotel.

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

*Ota's POV in the morning before Jess*

I wince as I roll over waking up to feel sore in my back, why did she have to slam me so hard on the ground? I mentally ask myself referring back to last night when Tama flipped me. I didn't mean to grab her wrist it just happened. I look over at the clock and see that it's about ten'o clock. I get up and go take a hot shower hoping to sooth my sore muscles.  In the shower I think of ways to apologize to Tama without actually saying 'sorry' and come up with none. After showering I try paging her and get no results, I decide to try again later and head out to the lounge to find Liv there cleaning and Baba going through some papers.

"Good morning," Baba says greeting me cheerfully.

"...morning," I say sitting down on the couch.

"So, wanna talk about it?" he asks.

"Talk about what?" I ask with a puzzled look on my face.

"You and Jess," he says.

"There's nothing to talk about," I say rolling my eyes, he needs to stay out of my business, I think to myself annoyed.

"Yes there is you just don't want to admit it," Liv says coming into the conversation.

"..." I stay silent glaring at her which doesn't affect her as she just shrugs it off.

"So, anything you wanna tell us?" Baba asks with a mysterious glint in his eyes.

"....How do you apologize?" I mumble hoping none of them really got it but of course they both did.

"Oh that's simple you just simply say your sorry," Liv says like it's the easiest thing in the world.

"What about without actually using the word sorry?" I ask.

"Unless you want it to sound sincere you have to use the word sorry," Liv says looking disgusted I just asked that.

"Why do you want to apologize anyway?" Baba asks.

"..." I stay silent. Why did I want to apologize so bad I only knew her for two-three days, I ask myself really confused with my behavior.

".. Are you falling...in love with her?" Liv asks cautiously like she knows I'm thinking about Jess.

I don't know, am I?  as I ponder this I get up and leave the room without another word, leaving both of them confused.

Once back in my suite I try paging Jess again. Still no answer, I decide to go see her in person. 

*Time skip*

I'm outside her dorm deciding if I should knock. After pondering it for a few minutes I decide to knock.

*Knock*Knock*

"Who is it?" she asks.

"It's me,"I say.

"What do you want now Kisaki?" she practically growls out the question.

"...I just want to talk," I say hoping she'll let me in. 

"...Fine," she says taking a few moments to answer," but try any funny business and we will have a repeat of last night." 

I don't say anything as  I walk into her dorm. "Is there a reason you came here?" she asks crossing her arms.

"I'msorryaboutlastnight," I say really fast.

"Huh? Can you repeat that," she asks.

"I'm...sorry...about...last..night," I say slowly.

She takes a few minutes to think before she slowly replies,"OK...I forgive you, but you have to promise never to do that again and let me do what I want without you having to know."

I get multiple emotions at once, relief, happiness, and disbelief, "..Fine..but I still get to call you Tama," I say hoping I don't push her away after all the progress we made.

She ponders this before answering,"Fine, you still can call me Tama." She holds out her hand for a handshake and I take her small warm hand into mine and shake it

"OK Tama let's go," I say pulling her out of her apartment.

"What?! Go where?!" she asks with a confused look on her face.

"To the penthouse, then to the auctions," I say beaming. 

"OK," she says as I lead her back to the hotel. We're making progress, I think happily.

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

To be continued...