Chapter 31

"Get away from me you nasty piece of shit." I demanded through clenched teeth.

The scarred man grabbed my jaw roughly, pulling my face towards his. His eyes raked down my body before returning his gaze to meet mine. Then he stood up, dragging my body along with him, "This is the girl who's always hanging around Lucas. Remember, Fred was telling us about the tramp in the back of Lucas' car?"

Fred, the guy who punched Lucas all those months ago? He was in coherence with these guys?

"Yeah, yeah, I remember." Eyepatch mumbled, his gaze hungrily taking in the revealed patch of skin on my stomach as my shirt rose up over my hips. Disgust made my stomach churn and without thinking through my actions, I spit at Eyepatch. My saliva landed on his cheek, splattering against his skin. Fury passed through his eyes as he wiped away my spit, "Give me five minutes with the bitch, I'll have her begging."

"Chill man, we need her." The scarred man ordered, pushing Eyepatch away from me. I groaned in pain as the scarred man's grip on my jaw tightened, it felt like he was going to crush my face in his bare hands, "Okay honey, now calm down before I let my friend carry out his threat. We're not going to hurt you."

I glared at him, "You're not?'

The scarred man laughed, "No I'm lying, but if it makes you feel any better we have worse plans for your boyfriend downstairs."

Fear erupted in my stomach as I realized these guys were going to use me to get to Lucas. Guess I should have stayed away after all, damn Lucas for always being right. What really caused my blood to run cold though was the sound of footsteps coming up the stairs and starting off down the hallway.

Lucas was walking right into their trap.

"Let me go." I ordered, squirming in the man's grasp to free myself before I got Lucas killed. But it was no use. The scarred man tightened his hold on me, one of his hands finding my bicep and squeezing it to prevent me from getting away. Almost instantly I lost feeling in my fingers but that didn't stop me.

"What did I just tell you? Calm down." The scarred man shook me in his grasp, as if that would cease my attempts of escape. When he realized that I wasn't going to stop, he threw me sideways. For only half a second, I was free. Then I spun into the arms of Eyepatch who held me even tighter than the scarred man.

"Bet you wished you had been nicer huh?" Eyepatch asked, weaving one hand into my hair, pulling on it harder than the scarred man had. His other hand slipped down to my hips, sneaking under my shirt. In a panic, I thrust my elbow into his side, putting at much power into my hit as possible just as my father had taught me.

Eyepatch doubled over but recovered faster than I thought he would. His grip in my hair tightened, jerking my head sideways so that my head was turned. He lowered his face to mine, "That one is going to cost you extra bitch." His hand then circled my entire waist, pulling me further down the hall.

Luckily, he didn't have time to get far before there was a thunderous voice which could rival even the loudest of explosions, "What the fuck do you think you're doing?"

We all turned to find Lucas at the end of the hall where we had all just come from. He was breathing hard, his skin paler than before, and he was sweating profusely as if it took quite an effort getting up here. But his face was creased in fury and at this moment, his sickly looks worked for him. He looked almost like a skeleton, rising from the grave to enact retribution.

"If it isn't the prince himself. We were just about to look for you." The scarred man chuckled.

Lucas' gaze shifted to me, then to the arm wrapped around my midsection. His eyes darkened further, to a color I had never seen on him before, "Let the girl go and we can talk all you want."