1 // Island

I decided to bring this book back because I really want to write it and I actually like it.

10 years ago

"Mommy can I go on a cruise with Samantha?" Eleven year old me loved going out and exploring the world. Especially with my friends.

"Who's going? When would you leave if I let you go? Wait-Nevermind. Just let me call her parents and then I'll let you know if you can go okay?" I nodded my head and walked into my only brother's room.

"Brother!" I yelled sitting next to him.

He covered his ears, "Why are you always so loud?" He pushed me away.

"Oh hush! I'm basically your favorite sister anyway."

"Who told you that?"

"You did! Right before you fell asleep last night. I mean I'm not the oldest but I'm older than you!" I stuck my tongue out at him and he poked my tongue. "Ew Alex germs are on my tongue! Mom!"

"Mom!" He mimicked

"Stop mimicking me."

"Cut it out."

"Cut it out."

"I'm warning you."

"I'm warning you."

"Stop it already!" Our sister yelled at us from the hallway. We both stuck our tongues out at her and she left annoyed with us. We high fives and played video games for the rest of the day.

Now

I sat on the beach. It's been ten years now. At least I think it has. I count the days as many times as I can but I still believe no one actually cares if I'm alive or not. Ten years since the the ship crashed and sunk. For some reason someone wanted me alive because there were very few survivors. Then everyone started dying off and I learned how to fend for myself.

I've made friends with a monkey and his family.. Yup, I may be crazy but my only friends here are monkeys. Surprisingly. At first he hated me and we used to get on each other's nerves, then he almost died and I saved him. I think he's becoming my friend as a thank you of some sort I guess.

The sunset was beautiful, like usual. No matter how long I've been here, I always end up at this exact spot watching the sunset. Garin was sitting on my shoulder with his tail wrapped around my neck.

"Pretty amazing for something I've seen for ten years now." He made his little noise and I fed him some food.

"You would think I'd miss the actual world. People, parties, streets, real food. But now that I think about it, it's nice here. Silent and gorgeous. Other than the carnivores trying to kill me all the time. But maybe one day, I'll go home to my family. If they even remember me. What if they think I'm dead?" I thought about it. What if they did? What if they forgot about me? I'm probably just a memory now.

"We should get going. It's dark out." I stood up from the sand and grabbed my knife and bow and arrows. I started walking to the tree house I made with the help of Garin's family. Gosh I feel like a female version of Tarzan. Not Jane though, I mean I did live here but not by my own will. Plus Jane is too girly.

I climbed up the ladder and opened the hatch. Garin jumped off my shoulder and swung from the ropes I've hung up for him and into his bed. I closed the hatch behind me and locked it. I laid down in my hammock and stared at the ceiling. Well more like the sky. Have you ever seen Madagascar? Where they're stranded on an island and then Marty makes this amazing ceiling that can move back and forth? I recreated it. Took me forever but I finally managed to get it to work.

I finally let my eyes close as I focused on the sounds of the night.

~
Comment if you think of someone she should date because it would really help me out with the story.