Chapter 20

Jack's Pov.
Sara turned the corner and ran into someone, falling to the ground. I held my knife up in defense. I looked at the person ready to defend Sara and myself.

"Mark! What the f*ck are you doing!"

"Drawing the guards away so we can escape... It actually worked better than I expected it to."

We looked around the corner. Mark was right. The coast was clear. We ran towards the door, checking for guards at every turn. We were so close to escaping.
We ran out the door and ended up in some sort of green space. There was a wire fence surrounding the perimeter. Past the fence was a huge, thick forest. I looked around for guards. There didn't appear to be any. We ran towards the fence. This fence is definitely small enough to climb over!

"Guys climb over the fence!"

Sara's Pov.
We ran towards the fence. I had never ran this fast before in my life. Jack started climbing the fence, shortly followed by Mark then me. Both of them now had their feet on the ground. I was going as fast as I could.
I was about a foot away when the sound of gunshots filled the air. I lost my grip and fell the rest of the way down as a bullet went straight through the back of my leg. I screamed in pain.

Mark's Pov.
It was like it happened in slow motion. One second everything was almost okay and we were about to make it out completely safe. Then in the next second gunshots filled the air and Sara fell to the ground, screaming in pain.
Jack and I ran towards her trying to help her. I picked her up, bridal stlye, while still trying to escape the prison.

"Sara are you okay!?!"

She was still conscious and her eyes were still open, but we had no idea how much longer that would last. She was in alot of pain.

"Jack we need to get out of here!"

We ran into the wooded area beyond the prison. I did my best to hold Sara, trying not to hurt her anymore than she already was. We kept running untill we found a cave.

"Jack we should hide in the cave. We can't keep running anymore."

We walked into the cave. It was dark, but it would have to do. I layed Sara on the ground. She was barley conscious. I ripped off a part of my shirt and wrapped it around her leg. I did my best I could to help her but I didn't have neither the supplies nor experience. By the time I finished Sara was asleep. I left her there. I figured it was better to just let her sleep. I walked over and sat down next to Jack.

"Jack, you okay. That was some crazy sh*t that just happened."

"I'm fine... just worried about Sara same as you."

"Where do you..."

I was interrupted by shouting. I gave a sign to Jack, telling him to stay quiet. I walked towards the mouth of the cave.

"I want everyone out looking for them! Search the entire forest if you have to, I want them found!"

A/N
First of O.M.G. Stolen just passed 1k reads! That's frickin amazing!! Tbh I didn't even expect my book to do that well since it my first book. Thank you guys for taking the time to read this awful book. Anyways the ending is coming closer! I'm so excited! Anyways see u in the next chapter...

~Lmc