Introduction

"In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years"

 - Abraham Lincoln

A friend of mine told me that if I wanted a good introduction, I should add a quote from Abraham Lincoln. So, friend, there you are. Now on to the proper introduction.

Honestly, I'm not sure what to write for my introduction. I know I don't need to do one, but I like hearing directly from the author before reading a book. I can't explain why, I just feel like I'm getting to know the person before I read their book.

While I highly doubt that you're going to learn much about me, I hope that you'll decide if you're interested in my book. The most I can say without giving away the plot is that it's a cross between 'Lord of the Flies' and 'The Count of Monte Cristo'. If the 'Lord of the Flies' part made you groan, don't worry. I feel your pain. Sure, it's a good book, but I didn't enjoy, I just liked the concept of people stuck on an island. That's really all there is to it with 'The Lost Years'.  It's the story of people stuck on an island. So if you don't want to feel like you're reading 'Lord of the Flies' again, fear not because I tried very hard to keep it different. If you don't like 'The Count of Monte Cristo', however, sorry. Can't help you there.

If I've said anything to make you doubt the story, I urge you to just read and see how you go. I'm not sure I have anything else to say. Please leave a comment to either:

a) Praise Me

b) Criticize Me

c) Give Suggestions

d) Any Other Reason You Can Think Of To Comment On My Story Because I Love It When People Comment

On that note, I'd better let you get to it!

Thank you and enjoy,

Adam James Scullin