A L O N E

Frisk's POV

"Ok, where are we now?" Called out Cory, as we followed Toriel.
With no reply and still not answering our questions, Toriel carried on forwards to the exit of the room, where we came across a little green monster.
"Its a frog!" Exclaimed Cory, as we stopped in front of it.
"Ribbit Ribbit!" Said the Frog to us, making my heart instantly melt as It gazed up at us with its golden eyes.
"Awhhh," I cooed, "Its so cute!"
"Froggit is attacking Cory!"
I glanced at Toriel, kind of shocked to see her narrating an attack that clearly wasn't happening. Though this some how freaked out Cory, who instantly backed away from the Froggit.
"What do I do?" He cried out to me,
Troubled for an answer, I said the first thing that came into mind to me, "Try talking to it, like we did we the dummy."
Cory paused, his facial expression quickly changed to a smile as he stared at the Froggit, right in the eye.
"You look really nice today Froggit, your yellow eyes are glistening in the sun!" He blurted out.
Froggit held his gaze before looking at floor. Cory glanced at me and I shot him a smile of approval, as we both turned our heads to Toriel to see what she said.
"He doesn't know what you're saying, but I'm sure he found that flattering anyway." Toriel praised,"Froggit go away."
With that, the Froggit bounced away from us, in the direction of the dummy room.
"That wasn't so bad," I laughed, if all the monsters are just like this, maybe we could make it out okay. Perhaps make some friends along the way, and come back to our land with tales of how good these monsters really are.
"If a flower is the worst thing down here, I'm sure we will be fine!" Agreed Cory as he glanced at Toriel.
She gave him a small frown. The flower did hurt me though...

"Follow me, young ones!" Continued Toriel, as she started walking to the next puzzle, which was already scaring me just by looking at it.
As we walked behind Toriel, Cory leaned over to me and whispered, "I'm kinda getting sick of following this," he paused and looked up at Toriel with a confused face, "Cow or goat?"
Toriel turned to face us as we were standing in front of the next puzzle.
"What is she?" Cory muttered to me, as she gazed upon us, making me hope that she hadn't just heard us.
"I don't know," I replied nervously, shaking my head. Even though I knew she was a goat, as soon as the word left my mouth.
"This is a puzzle, but take my hand for a moment." Toriel carried on, she hadn't seen or heard anything apparently.
"Okay!" I smiled up to her, by the look of the puzzle, it looked like we should leave this to Toriel to guide us through.
"I'm not taking your hand!" Cory nearly shouted, why was he making such a fuss? "This is ridiculous, we just met you and I don't want to go anywhere!"
"Oh Cory, come on!" As much as Cory seemed brave, he never seemed to want to go other people's ways unless they could convince him.
"Just take my hand!" Instructed Toriel exasperatedly, who also seemed confused on why Cory was kicking up such a fuss.
Cory turned to me with a frown, "Your just so attached already!" He pointed out, "I won't do it, you can't force me too!"
He turned around to face Toriel and walked a few steps up to her, "That's right!" He glared, "Deal with it, deal with it!"
Toriel took a few steps towards Cory and glared at him, if looks could kill, he would be stone cold dead.
"DON'T MAKE ME ASK YOU AGAIN!" She stated, Cory took a few steps away from her and glared.
"Okay, okay!" He mumbled, also seeming kind of confused about the out burst.

This is kinda weird, Toriel was nice just a few seconds ago ... Why did she insist on him taking her hand, when you could see he didn't mind the risk. Maybe she wants to harm us? Then again it didn't seem like this was her first time saying this, like she had practiced this. Maybe all monsters tried to practice this, incase they meet a human. They shouldn't want to meet us, we kicked them underground...

We both grabbed onto Toriel's hand, with Cory pulling a face. She slowly walked forward into the puzzle, which seemed to be some sort of spike maze. I watched Cory reach out and touch a spike, before pulling his hand quickly away and rubbing it.
"Ow!" He exclaimed, "They hurt!"
Well they are spikes, with a sharp thing on the edge of their metal pole, I thought to myself exasperatedly. I shook my head at Cory's stupidity and made sure I went no where near the spikes.
"I could of done this on my own!" Cory declared, I frowned at him slightly. He was the one who went and touched the spike on purpose.
I glanced up to see the entrance near, smiling slightly, I quicken my pace, nearly going into Toriel.
"Why are these even here?" I asked Toriel, it did seem quite strange for someone to put out such a dangerous puzzle where people walk through often.
Toriel never replied, as she had reached the exit, I let out a sigh, glad I hadn't touch a spike at all.
"We did it!" I cheered, grinning from ear to ear.
"Oh geez," Smiled Cory, "That was really easy, I could of done that!"
"See, you aren't ready for puzzles yet!" Exclaimed Toriel, "They are just too dangerous!"
Cory raised his eyebrow, "C'mon, that wasn't that dangerous!" He sighed, "Just a few needles sticking up!"
"That could've been dangerous!" I reminded him, what if one of us tripped onto the needles, that could be quite critical.
Toriel led us into a long hallway, with what seemed like no puzzle in it. She stopped and turned to us, showing a small smile.
"You have both done excellently thus far, my child." She beamed at us.
Cory shrugged, "I guess it's nice to get a compliment."
"However I have a difficult task to ask of you!" She carried on, "I would like you to walk to the end of the room by yourself!"
"By ourselves?" I question, she claimed that the other puzzle was to hard, then why was she letting us do this?
"Please, Forgive me for this," She said and walked away and turned left and out the room.

"What!" I exclaimed, there was going to be some kind of puzzle in this room and we couldn't see it!
"We're going to be fine!" Cory reassured me,
"What if another monster comes out?" I questioned, the list of what could happen was endless and the worst thing was definitely ending up dead.
"I'm sure we'll be fine!" Cory said, giving me a small smile, "Maybe we'll get to fight some puny monster halfway there!"
"I hope there's no monsters," I muttered, if there was one, Cory would kill it and there is no Toriel to stop him this time.
"Stick on the path!" Cory reassured me, "And we'll be fine."
"What if we aren't though!" I countered,

Cory turned towards me, "We'll be just fine!" He repeated, he grabbed my hand and squeezed it.
"If any monsters come, I'll make sure they won't hurt you!" He smiled, I squeezed his hand back, at least I'd be safe.
We continued down the hallway, keeping on the path way, hand in hand.
But the thing that scared me the most ... would the monsters be safe with Cory around?

Word count; 1309
~ edited by friskcipher  <3 ~   Enjoy!