D U M M Y

Cory's POV
"Good job!" Exclaimed Toriel as we walked through the entrance way,
"Thank you," I smiled at her, even though she kind of just showed us what to do but it was nice being acknowledged anyway.
"Wow, this place is huge," said Frisk with a smile, as she studied every inch of the room we were now in.
"Follow me little ones, we have much more ground to cover!" Toriel continued, not really listening to what we were saying.

Toriel turned behind us and started to head over this small bridge that hunge low over some water that seemed to be coming out of a dispenser. The room its self had two bridges and two rivers in it. A little island between the two. Like every other room we had been in it was purple, but different shades. The only thing not purple was the wooden bridge and the green vines, which showed how unkept and unused this place was. I suppose that is why they call it the ruins, why is it ruins though?

Following Toriel over the bridge with Frisk right behind me, I saw some levers on the side of the wall. Toriel stopped suddenly on the little island of land separated by the rivers. As I waited for her to continue speaking or walking, I walked up to the levers and turned my head so I could see Toriel.
"What do these levers do?" I asked her, then turned back to the levers and continued to press them, "Do they even do anything?"
I walked back to Toriel and Frisk, who had been waiting patiently at her side.
"Come now, are you finished?" Toriel asked me, "There is more to see up ahead!"

"I was waiting on you!" I mumbled, a bit annoyed, as we carried on over the next bridge, "Your the one taking you time here!"
Frisk who was In front of me, turned her head and gave me an apologetic smile as I raised my eyebrows at her.
Toriel yet again stopped, causing Frisk to nearly bump into her. Trying  not to laugh I went over to the two levers on this side of the bridge and started flipping them.
"Do any of these levers even do anything?" I asked Frisk, who has came up next to me.
"I don't know, I suppose if they were a puzzle, someone else would of solved it by now," She guessed,
"I suppose," I sighed, bored to death, "I wish Toriel would hurry up!"
I grabbed Frisk and pulled her over to Toriel with me. Toriel smiled at us and then gave a quick glance into the next room. Turning back to face us, she continued with what I would call her 'speeh'.
"As I'm sure you are aware," She started, "You are humans living in the underground."
I sighed at her, "Well I think we might of realised that!" I snapped, I hated all this living here ideas from Toriel, I just wanted to get out of here with Frisk.
"I don't really want to get hurt," Wailed Frisk, looking at the floor.
"This means that monsters may want to attack you,"
We knew these monsters could easily kill us, we were in their place and they did have a reason to kill us. That wasn't happening though.
"Well if a demon flower is the hardest thing here, we will be fine!" I smirked,
"You'll need to be prepared for this situation," Declared Toriel, this made me wonder, how many kids had she came across down here.
"I could take them!" I challenged Toriel, she hardly knows me, she doesn't know how much I want to get out of here. How determined I was to get out of here.
"However, worry not," smiled Toriel, her eyes were on Frisk now.
"I wanna be prepared!" Exclaimed Frisk,
"I just said.." I stopped in the middle of my sentence. No point wasting breath over someone who wouldn't listen to me.
"We should be prepared!" Stated Frisk.
"The process is simple!" Carried on Toriel.
She swiftly turned and made her way to the entrance and through the door way, which had no doors and stopped in front of this cotton person. A dummy.

Standing 5 metres away from the dummy, I eyed it wearily, almost expecting it to move as I waited on the next set of instructions from Toriel.
"You will encounter several monsters that will engage in fights with you." Toriel continued,
"Fights!" Squealed Frisk, who had been standing next to the dummy at that moment of time and was starting to edge away from it and more behind me, so that I separating her from the dummy.
"So your going to teach us how to fight then?" I exclaimed, now this was something worth my time.
Toriel continued to ignore me and carried on with her speech,
"Rather than fighting back, perhaps strike up a friendly conversation with them!"
"What do you mean strike up a friendly conversation with them?" I question her, what if they nearly killed us doing that? "That's not how to fight monsters!"
Frisk shot me a worried glance, instead of answering me, Toriel just carried on,
"Just stall for time and I will inevitably come to the rescue!" Exclaimed. Fixing a smile as she glanced between us.
"Oh no, no no, I don't feel comfortable with that," I snapped, a bit worried that if we had this monster with us then she would just slow our escape, and be truthful we had to escape now.
"Good!" Smiled Frisk,

She isn't anything like you, her main priority isn't currently to escape this place straight away.
And do you know why? It's because every single monster you meet is dragging her back, holding her back, Down here with her soul. She doesn't have any determination to get out. More like determination to stay here. The monsters want her here, where Asgore will kill her. If she is your friend, you don't want her to get killed, so maybe you should be focused, Monster attack her, you kill them or you'll never escape together.

I shook my head, trying to clear the voice out. What if the monsters want Frisk to trust them and then they would just her. She was innocent. Loyal. Unguarded. A pacifist. Glancing at Frisk, I saw her smiling as Toriel carried in her speech.
"Here, practice taking to this dummy."
Frisk turned to face me and caught me looking at her, we looked each other in the eye. Holding her gaze made me realise how she couldn't get hurt. Wouldn't get hurt. Just because I'm there.

"Don't worry, it doesn't bite!" Exclaimed Toriel, watching both of us, waiting for us to talk.
Frisk walked in front of the dummy, taking a deep breath and a glance at Toriel, she started talking to the dummy, "Hello! Hi!" She smiled, "Nice to meet ya!"
Well this is stupid.
She stepped away from the dummy, to show she didn't have anything else to say before glancing at Toriel,
"Well done Frisk!" Toriel exclaimed, shooting Frisk a big smile but then turned to me with a little frown, "Cory, you could of done a lot better!"
"I didn't do anything!" I growled, I was waiting on Frisk, at least she actually talked to me though but now it was time to show what you should really do when coming into a conflict with a monster, "Here, this is how you really resolve a conflict!"

I walked over to the dummy, smiling with a clenched fist.
"HYEH YAH!" I screamed, as my clenched fist became a straight hand as I jumped nearly on top of the dummy and hit it on the head.
After landing, I froze looking at the dummy as Frisk gave a gasp.
"Wha-" I was unable to finish the sentence due to the stupid dummy, who had started hitting me with his straw fist, which actually hurt.
" Ow!" I exclaimed as I ran to hide behind Frisk, "Help, Help!" I shouted, trying to get the dummy off me as I ran even further away,
approaching Toriel I could see her laughing as she said, "You have to fight it now!" But in her eyes, I saw shame.
Turning around to see where the dummy had gone, I realised it was still back where it had started.
"I have to fight it now?" I complained, "I just hit it once!"
"You instigated it!" Pointed out Toriel,
"Should of tried talking to it!" Chimed in Frisk,
I came out and stepped towards the dummy, "Prepare yourself Dummy!" I smirked, as I ran towards it and delivered three good punches before it started to fight back.

After me hitting the dummy about five times and the dummy only hitting me twice, it seemed to cower in the corner that I had hit him into.
"Now for the final blow!" I announced,
I heard footsteps run towards me as I prepared to hit the dummy,
"No!" Yelled Frisk, as she grabbed hold of my arm and attempted to hold me back, "Don't kill him!"
"Oh come on!" I snarled, turning to face Frisk with my fist which was clenched and ready to punch something, "It would kill me if it had the chance!"
"But it's just a dummy!" Frisk frowned, letting go of my arm.
"Well it shouldn't of fought back!" I exclaimed and turned to face Toriel.
Frowning, I waited on Toriel to see what she had to said about the situation,
"Good job Frisk!" She called out to the small girl behind me.
"What!" I questioned, "I'm the one who fought it!"
"But you weren't suppose to!" Frisk mumbled,
"Better luck next time Cory!" She exclaimed to me,

Meaning that I had just wasted my energy on nothing.
Toriel at this point had started to walk out the room with Frisk following her,
"Well looks like someone is picking favourites!" I whispered to Frisk, who then turned to me and raised an eyebrow before continuing on, I grabbed her sleeve and pulled her back.
She gave me a confused glance and continued to walk forward with my hand still holding her jumper.
Your not strong enough to stand by yourself without a little love from somewhere else to support you.