Voldemort returns

Start from the beginning

Angry at Wormtail for trying to kill the man I loved, I fired a spell at him in return. "Expelliarmus!" His wand flew into my left hand. "Hold this," I whispered to Harry as I thrust my wand into his hand.

"Cassia, what -- what are you..." Harry sputtered.

I snapped Wormtail's wand over my knee, breaking it in two, and threw the pieces onto the ground.

Wormtail gazed in the direction I had thrown the pieces of his broken wand, and then down at the bundle he was holding. He started to kneel to the ground, but the same cold voice from before spoke again.

"Forget about your wand, you blithering idiot! Take mine and do what I have commanded you! Do it! Now!" it ordered.

"Y-Y-Yes, M-My Lord," Wormtail stammered. He hastily unwrapped the bundle and dropped it into the cauldron.

I caught a quick glimpse of what was in the bundle of robesbefore he threw it in, and I have to say, I wish I hadn't. The thing Wormtail had been carrying had the shape of a crouched human child, except that I had never seen anything less like a child. It was hairless and scaly-looking, a dark, raw, reddish black. Its arms and legs were thin and feeble, and its face -- no child alive ever had a face like that -- flat and snakelike, with gleaming red eyes. As the creature hit the water, there was a hiss, and it vanished below the surface; I heard its frail body hit the bottom with a thud.

While Wormtail went looking for the wand belonging to his "Lord", I took advantage of the opportunity and pulled Cedric behind one of the biggest gravestones I saw. It wasn't quite as big as the Riddles' gravestone, but it'd be enough to conceal Cedric from sight.

"W-What's going on? Who was that?" Cedric asked, trying to peer out at Wormtail.

I pulled him back down. "Shh! That's Wormtail."

"The guy who told Voldemort where your parents were hiding?" Cedric questioned.

"Sadly," I admitted, before looking back at Wormtail to see him still fumbling as he tried to find his master's wand. I put both my hands on Cedric's shoulders. "Cedric, you have to get out of here. Now. You can use a nonverbal Summoning Charm to get the cup. Go back to the castle and tell Dumbledore what happened. He'll be able to help. Go, now, before Wormtail gets his hands on the wand!"

"No, Cassia," he refused. "I'm not leaving you or Harry behind.

"Cedric, I can't let you get yourself killed. I almost lost you once already," I insisted.

My brother's grunts and the sound of stone moving alerted us. I poked my head out from behind the tombstone to see Wormtail had his master's wand and was forcing Harry into the hooded statue's hold. Something had to be done, and fast.

"Stay here," I whispered to Cedric. "If I'm not back in ten seconds, get to the cup and go back to Hogwarts for help." I rushed over to Harry and tried to free him from the statue holding him in place, but I couldn't. To make things even worse, Wormtail hit me with a stunning spell, sending me flying backwards into another gravestone across the way. I hit my head on the stone behind me, which only added to the already-worsening pain I was feeling. My vision became a little blurry and I felt myself drifting in and out of consciousness.

Cedric's POV

Things weren't looking good for us. Harry was held against a statue, and I guessed Cassia had just gotten a concussion from when Wormtail knocked her backwards. She definitely had two of the warning signs; dizziness and almost falling unconscious every so often.

Wormtail was now speaking. His voice shook; he seemed frightened beyond his wits. He raised his wand, closed his eyes, and spoke to the night, "Bone of the father, unknowingly given, you will renew your son." He levitated a bone sitting by the Riddles' grave and guided it to drop into the cauldron, which gave a hiss as the bone hit the water. The boiling water inside the cauldron hissed, sending sparks in all directions, turning a poisonous-looking blue.