Gryffindor takes the cup! (End of 1st Year)

Cassia's POV

When I woke up, I saw that I was in the Hospital Wing, surrounded by sweets and get-well cards, from our teachers and multiple students. Harry lay asleep in the bed beside me. Just like my bed, his was also laden with candy. There was even a Honeydukes gift basket from the rest of the Gryffindor Quidditch team. But what really caught my eye was the get-well card and bag of sugar quills from Cedric. I picked up the card and read it:

Dear Cassia,
I heard about what happened with you, Harry, and Quirrell. I can't believe he tried to kill you, AND that Voldemort was under his turban! Least now I know Fred and George's rumor about it being full of garlic was a lie.
I'm so relieved you and Harry and your friends are alright. When Madam Pomfrey discharges you from the Hospital Wing, come find me. I'd love to hear all about  how first year went for you.
-Cedric
P.S. Hope you like the candy :)

I looked over at Harry and saw he was just waking up. "Here," I said, handing him his glasses.

He put them on and looked at me. Then he saw the card. "Who's that from?" he asked.

"Cedric. A guy I met the day classes first started. I got lost on the way to Potions and I literally crashed into him. After I told him I was lost, he took me to Snape's classroom. That's why I had that giant grin on my face," I explained. He nodded. "Harry, what happened between you and Quirrell...after I blacked out?" I asked.

"Well, I tried to pry Quirrell off you when he started choking you, but he screamed in pain the second I touched him, and then he let go of you and you passed out. Somehow, my touch caused Quirrell's hand to disintegrate. When he tried to make another grab for the Stone, I put my hands on his face, and he turned to dust. Then Vol...I mean, You-Know-Who's spirit passed through me, and I blacked out right next to you," Harry told me.

"Good afternoon, Harry. You, too, Cassia," Dumbledore said, making the two of us snap our heads in his direction. He'd just come into the Hospital Wing. Harry and I watched him as he made his way over to us, smiling when he saw all the candy we'd gotten. "Ah, tokens from your admirers," he remarked.

"How did they know-" I started to ask.

"What happened down in the dungeon between the both of you and Professor Quirrell is a complete secret. So, naturally, the whole school knows," Dumbledore explained. He noticed a Chocolate Frogs package. "Ah, I see your friend Ron has saved you the trouble of opening your Chocolate Frogs," he noted.

"Ron was here?" Harry asked, "Is he alright?"

"What about Hermione?" I added.

Dumbledore put a hand up to stop us. "Fine. They're both just fine." Dumbledore always seemed to have a calm and understanding demeanor, even given the fact that we were nearly killed by Quirrell and Voldemort.

"But what happened to the stone?" Harry asked, panic rising in his voice.

"Relax, dear boy. The stone has been destroyed. My friend Nicholas and I have had a little chat, and agreed it was best," Dumbledore replied.

"But then, Flamel...he'll die, won't he?" I questioned.

Dumbledore sat down on Harry's bed and I jumped up next to my brother. "He has enough elixir to set his affairs in order, but yes, he will die," he said.

"How is it I got the stone, Professor? One minute, I was staring in the mirror and-" Harry started.

"Ah, you see, only a person who wanted to find the stone -- find it, but not use it -- would be able to get it," Dumbledore explained, cutting him off.